Helio Castroneves Wins Pole at Belle Isle in Detroit
May 31, 2014
Chevrolet Dual In Detroit
WINNING POLE NOTES
· Today marks Castroneves third-career pole win at Detroit (2001 and 2007)
· Castroneves last pole win was at the Iowa Corn Indy 250 on June 22, 2013, but he actually started the race from the 11th position as his team was assessed a 10-spot starting grid penalty for changing engines after qualifying
· Castroneves has now 39 pole positions in his career
· Castroneves remains fifth in the all-time IndyCar rankings for pole positions won. He is now one pole behind Team Penske advisor Rick Mears, who ranks fourth on the all-time list
· This represents Castroneves’ first pole won a temporary street circuit since he led qualifying at the Detroit Belle on September 1, 2007
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2015 Team Penske. All rights reserved.