Team Penske DRIVE4COPD Race Preview
February 18, 2014
February 22, 2014
No. 22 Discount Tire Ford Mustang
Driver: Brad Keselowski
• 22 POINTS THE WAY: Entering the 2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) as the defending Owners’ Champions the No. 22 Discount Tire Ford crew is largely identical to the team that earned 12 victories with four different drivers last season.
• ACCUMMULATING STARTS: This year’s DRIVE4COPD 300 will mark Keselowski’s sixth start in the season opening NNS race. During that time, his best finish came in 2012 when he finished second in the Discount Tire machine.
• DECISIVE LEADERS: Crew chief Jeremy Bullins and Engineer Andrea Mueller are once again paired and poised to guide the championship winning No. 22 Penske Ford team as they seek another series title.
• ROTATING DRIVERS DO NOT TIRE: The Discount Tire machine will initially be piloted by Brad Keselowski and the rotation will include Joey Logano and Ryan Blaney.
• GOOD NUMBERS ARE HUMBLING: Over the course of a NNS career that spans eight years – Keselowski is tied for seventh on the all-time winner list with 27 career victories.
• WHAT’S IN STORE AT THE STORE? Keselowski will make an appearance at the Discount Tire located at 1051 Beville Road, Daytona Beach, FL. He will be there Wednesday, February 19 at 10am ET.
BRAD KESELOWSKI, DRIVER NO. 22 DISCOUNT TIRE FORD MUSTANG
YOU HAVE WON A LOT OF NATIONWIDE SERIES RACES, YET YOU HAVEN’T WON AT DAYTONA, WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO WIN?
“We’ve been close here, last year comes to mind. We have fast Ford Mustangs and this No. 22 Team Penske crew knows what it takes to win. I always enjoy racing here at Daytona. If you run up front consistently and keep yourself in a position to win – it is going to happen, it’s just a matter of when and where. We have a solid chance this year, and we will do our utmost to make the most of the opportunity.”
JEREMY BULLINS, CREW CHIEF NO. 22 DISCOUNT TIRE FORD MUSTANG
Back to previous page.
YOUR TEAM HAD A CAREER SEASON LAST YEAR, HOW DO YOU LOOK TO REPEAT THAT EFFORT?
“I think when you have a season like we had in 2013, with 12 wins and a championship; you never really want it to end. It also sets the bar high for the following year, as you always want to move forward and get better. The approach for us is simple, and that’s to continue to build on the things that made us successful last year. If we can continue to improve in all areas, whether it be faster cars or faster pit stops or better strategy, there’s no reason to think we can’t perform at a high level. Everyone at Team Penske has worked hard in the off season to be as prepared as we can be for this season.”
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.