Keselowski Finishes 29th in Camping World RV Sales 500
October 21, 2013THE RACE
Camping World RV Sales 500 at Talladega Superspeedway
Sunday, October 20, 2013
The No. 2 Miller Lite Ford
Driven By: Brad Keselowski
Starting Position: 13
Finish Position: 29
Driver's Points Position: 15
THE RACE REVIEW
The No. 2 Miller Lite Ford Fusion
· Brad Keselowski and the No. 2 Miller Lite Ford Fusion team began Sunday’s event at Talladega Superspeedway from the 13th position.
· A two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series winner at Talladega, Keselowski quickly worked his way towards the front of the field Sunday, eventually settling into the second position before making his first pit stop of the day at lap 43.
· Unfortunately, Keselowski exceeded the pit lane speed limit upon entering pit road for his green-flag pit stop. As a result, he served a “pass through” penalty down pit road.
· When he returned to the track, Keselowski was at the tail end of the lead lap, running by himself. He was eventually passed by the lead group and went a lap down.
· Despite working his way back to the front of the field by lap 100, Keselowski did not receive the good fortune of a caution flag as he was in position for the “Lucky Dog” award that would have placed him back on the lead lap.
· When the caution flag was finally displayed it came on the final lap of the race and it was of no help to Keselowski as the caution flag spells the end of the race if it is shown on the white-flag lap. As a result, Keselowski crossed the finish line in the 29th position.
· With the result, Keselowski dropped one spot to 15th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver’s point standings.
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING
CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE END OF THE RACE TODAY?
“It was one of those deals today. Nobody really wanted to race there at the end when we needed everybody to race. Any time you would go to make a move when it is all single file like that you just go right to the back and it just doesn’t work. That is what it was. I can only drive my car though. I tried really hard to work with Joey (Logano) there at the end and went down to make some moves to try to get some kind of position on the track and all we did was go backwards. You are better off to just stay single file.”
HOW FRUSTRATING WAS IT NOT TO GET A CAUTION FLAG UNTIL THE VERY END OF THE RACE?
“Yeah that was completely my fault. I came onto pit road too hot. I tried to give back the spot but it was too late. I told my guys not to panic because we had plenty of racing left at that point. Once we got ourselves in position for the ‘Lucky Dog’ we never got another yellow flag. You know, it is what it is. We had a really fast Miller Lite Ford. It ran up front most of the day, even though we were a lap down. Just frustrating.”
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.