Solid Second-Place for Keselowski in Food City 250
August 24, 2013THE RACE
Food City 250 at Bristol Motor Speedway (.533-mile oval, Bristol, TN)
Friday, August 23, 2013
The No. 22 Discount Tire Ford Mustang
Driven By Brad Keselowski
Start Position: 15
Finish Position: 2
Current Owner's Points Position: 1
THE RACE REVIEW
· Brad Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Ford Mustang team began the race from the 15th position following the Friday after time trials.
· After settling into a nice rhythm following the green flag, Keselowski began a steady march through the field, entering the top 10 by lap 28.
· After making his way to the fourth position by the time the first caution flag was displayed, Keselowski entered pit road for four tires and fuel. Great pit work by the Discount Tire team resulted in their driver restarting the race in the second position at lap 72.
· While dealing with a handling condition that was tight in the top groove and loose in the lower groove, Keselowski was able to maintain his second-place position.
· Over the final laps of the race, Keselowski was in position to mount a charge on eventual race winner, Kyle Busch, but was forced to settle for the runner-up position.
· The result snapped Keselowski’s streak of four-consecutive NASCAR Nationwide Series wins. However he has finished no lower than second in his last six series starts.
· The No. 22 team continues to lead the NNS owner’s point standings by 16 markers over the No. 54 team from Joe Gibbs Racing.
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING
ANOTHER STRONG RUN TONIGHT IN THE DISCOUNT TIRE FORD. TALK ABOUT YOUR RACE.
“We obviously had a pretty good Discount Tire Ford Mustang. We started 15th and got up in the front few cars on the first run and then had amazing pit stops tonight. This was a really, really good indicator and a strong reminder of why I drive this car and why I’m part of this series. I get to work with those guys and try to be better there and we showcased that effort tonight. So I was really, really proud of them for that. We just came up a little bit short obviously on the track and just didn’t quite have enough speed to get by Kyle. He definitely had pretty good speed. I got close to him, but not close enough.”
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2015 Team Penske. All rights reserved.