Keselowski Wins the ZIPPO 200 at The Glen
August 11, 2013THE RESULTS
ZIPPO 200 at Watkins Glen International
August 10, 2013
The No. 22 Hertz Ford Mustang
Driven By Brad Keselowski
Start Position: 5
Finish Position: 1
Current Qowner's Points Position: 2
THE RACE REVIEW
The No. 22 Hertz Ford Mustang driven by Brad Keselowski
· Brad Keselowski qualified the No. 22 Hertz Ford Mustang in the fifth position during the Saturday morning time trials at Watkins Glen International.
· From the drop of the green flag it was evident that Keselowski was one of the drivers to beat for the win as he methodically worked his way up to the top spot by lap 12.
· Making not adjustments throughout the race, crew chief Jeremy Bullins stuck to the pre-race plan of making it to the end of the Zippo 200 on only two pit stops.
· After keeping his car at the front of the field for much of the day, Keselowski made his second – and final – pit stop of the day at lap 52.
· Following a strong, late-race charge from Sam Hornish Jr., Keselowski was able to hold off his Penske Racing teammate for his fourth NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) victory of the season and the seventh win for the No. 22 team in 2013.
· With the win, the No. 22 Ford Mustang team sits just five points out of the lead in the NNS owner’s point standings.
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING
BRAD KESELOWSKI, NO. 22 HERTZ FORD MUSTANG
CAN YOU DESCRIBE YOU NEAR-FLAWLESS PERFORMANCE TODAY/
“We had a fast car and that’s so important. The Hertz team and everybody at Penske Racing did a helluva job. All three Penske cars were fast and that’s so important. You’ve got to have a fast car and you’ve got to execute the weekend to win these races and our team did that today.”
HOW IMPORTANT WAS IT TO GAIN MAXIMUM POINTS IN THE OWNER’S POINT STANDINGS?
“That’s really important to Roger. Obviously winning the Cup championship last year was a high mark for him in both the driver and owner standings and with the Chase the way it works. On the Nationwide level, although we won the driver’s title in 2010 we did not win the owner’s title and I think it’s something he certainly holds and values, so it’s nice to see that we’re a little closer there, but we still have a lot of work to go and obviously the 54 team is a very strong team.”
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.