Top-10 for Hornish at Dover International Speedway
June 3, 2013THE RESULTS
The No. 12 Wurth Ford Mustang
Start Position: 2
Finish Position: 7
Driver Points Position: 2
THE RACE REVIEW
· Hornish began the race from the second position on the inside of the first row for Saturday afternoon’s race at Dover International Speedway.
· During the early laps Hornish reported that his Wurth Mustang was too free into the corner and then tight in the center. He held strong in the top-three for the first quarter of the race.
· The Penske Ford crew made adjustments in effort to tighten up the Wurth Ford during the first pit stop. This resulted in the No. 12 Mustang being too tight early in the run and then too free as the run progressed.
· Hornish ran in the top-10 for the second quarter of the race as the team continued to adjust the car to the changing track conditions.
· A late race two tire pit-stop placed Hornish back in the top-five and held that position through lap 195 after which he gave up two positions as his tires wore and finished seventh.
· Hornish made up ground in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings and still sits second to the No. 7 of Regan Smith.
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING
TELL US ABOUT YOUR DAY.
“We qualified on the front row and we were very pleased with the effort. That second-place starting position is our best this year and it is something that we’ve been working on. During the opening laps we were pretty good and we were able to run up front. The car went free as the race progressed so during the first pit stop we made adjustments to tighten it up and ended up hurting ourselves a little. During the middle part of the race we lost the car and we were running back around 10th. We made a good change late in the race and then took tires on our last stop which got us some track position, but the two tires we left on just didn’t quite make it to the end. We ended up seventh. The good news is we gained a couple of points.”
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2015 Team Penske. All rights reserved.