Top-5 Finish for Keselowski at Dover
June 3, 2013THE RACE
The FedEx 400 benefiting Autism Speaks at Dover International Speedway (one-mile oval, Dover, Del.)
Sunday, June 2, 2013
The No. 2 Miller Lite Ford Fusion
Driven By Brad Keselowski
Starting Position: 8
Finishing Position: 5
Current Championship Position: 8
THE RACE REVIEW
· Brad Keselowski and the No. 2 Miller Lite Ford Fusion team started Sunday’s event from the eighth position, their best starting spot since qualifying seventh at Martinsville Speedway in April
· At the start of the event, Keselowski fought stability issues on corner entry and exit. However, by the end of the initial run he was turning some of the fastest laps on the track. Keselowski would lead one lap before coming to pit road to pick up a valuable championship point.
· After an air pressure adjustment on the first pit stop, the handling condition became too tight to carry enough speed around the high-banked Dover corners. As a result, Keselowski would fall out of the top 10.
· The No. 2 Ford Fusion would spring to life following a green-flag pit stop at lap 238. During this run Keselowski would routinely turn laps two-tenths of a second faster than the cars in front of him.
· That speed would remain with Keselowski as he raced his way back into the top 10 before the final pit stop of the day. After crew chief Paul Wolfe elected to take two tires, Keselowski restarted the race from the fifth position at lap 382, where he would finish.
· With the finish, Keselowski and the No. 2 Miller Lite Ford team moved up two spots in the standings to eighth, 98 points back of the leader.
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING
WHAT WAS THE KEY TO GETTING A MUCH-NEEDED TOP-FIVE FINISH
“We drove hard all day, we just didn’t have the speed we needed to win the race, but we had the speed we needed to have a solid day. The guys did a great job executing today. It is cool to see Tony (Stewart) win, he did a hell of a job driving that thing and it was a good race. I was having fun watching them, but I wish I could have gotten up there. It was another solid day, but we want to win too. We’ll keep working to find a little more speed and get up there.”
CREW CHIEF PAUL WOLFE
HOW WOULD YOU GRADE YOUR FIRST RACE BACK?
“It was definitely good to be back at the racetrack, back with all the guys that make this a special team to be with. We just kept fighting hard, and put ourselves in position to get a top five at the end. At the end of the day, if you don’t have the speed, you’ve got to continue to try to execute and get as many points as you can. I feel like that’s what we were able to do today.”
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2015 Team Penske. All rights reserved.