Penske Racing 5-Hour Energy 200 Preview
May 29, 2013
Track: Dover International Speedway
Date: June 1, 2013
TV: ESPN 2:30pm ET
Radio: MRN and SiriusXM at 3:00pm ET
Driver: Sam Hornish Jr.
No.12 Wurth Ford Mustang
• SECOND AND 23 TO GO: Through the first 10 races of the 2013 season, Hornish has maintained a steady presence near the top of the NASCAR Nationwide Series standings. He has held the second spot for the last three races. Prior to that he had held the top spot through the opening seven races of the season.
• THE PRO FROM DOVER: Hornish has a total of 10 starts at the Monster Mile. Seven of those starts were in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, where his best start was a fourth last year. In his three NNS starts, his best finish equals his best Cup finish, a 13th-place result.
• TESTING NOT RESTING: The No. 12 Penske Ford team is staying focused and is continuing to work to improve its program. During the week leading into the Dover race, the team was at Virginia International Raceway as they prepare for upcoming road course races. The team also visited the Monster Mile earlier this month in preparation for this weekend's race.
• WURTH THE RED, WHITE & BLUE: This weekend at the Monster Mile, the Wurth colors will once again adorn the No. 12 Penske Racing Ford Mustang. In recognition of the NASCAR American Salute program, the No. 12 Wurth Ford will feature red, white and blue accents on the nose, bumper and side skirts.
• RACING FOR A LIVING: In a recent interview, when asked if he was pleased with where he is at in his career, Hornish answered that he is grateful to be able to make a living as a race car driver and he appreciates not having to worry about how many races he can drive during the year.
SAM HORNISH, JR. NO. 12 WURTH FORD
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO FINISH UP FRONT THIS WEEKEND?
Driver: Joey Logano
No. 22 Hertz Ford Mustang
• AT THE SPEED OF HERTZ: This weekend, The Hertz Corporation, one of the world's leading car rental and transportation companies, will make their debut as sponsor of the No. 22 Ford Mustang and driver Joey Logano. Hertz will serve as a primary sponsor for seven races on the No. 22 Ford Mustang as well as the fall race hosted at Charlotte Motor Speedway in the Sprint Cup Series.
• 4, 3, 2...: Since making his season- and Penske Racing-debut in the NASCAR Nationwide Series just a few weeks ago at Talladega Superspeedway, Logano has been able to rack up some good finishes behind the wheel of the No. 22 Hertz Ford Mustang. In fact, Logano has finishes of fourth, third and second in his three races already this year. He has also helped move the No. 22 up in the Owner's Standings from sixth to third since he took over the ride.
• THREE-FOR-THREE?: Logano comes into the Dover race weekend as the winner of the last two Dover Nationwide Series events. Logano won both races at the high-banked, half-mile track last season, leading a dominating 338 of the 400 laps over the two races. Logano also has a pair of poles at the track, as well as two runner-up finishes.
• MONSTER MEANING: "The Monster Mile," the nickname that describes Dover, is close to Logano's heart. Logano made his much anticipated Nationwide Series debut just a week after his 18th birthday in 2008 at Dover to much fanfare. In that race, Logano started ninth, raced up front all day long and eventually finished sixth.
JOEY LOGANO, NO. 22 HERTZ FORD
STILL SEARCHING FOR THAT FIRST WIN THIS YEAR. DOES IT COME THIS WEEKEND?
Copyright ©2015 Team Penske. All rights reserved.