Logano Finishes 4th in Help a Hero 200 at Darlington
May 11, 2013THE RACE
The Sport Clips Help a Hero 200 at Darlington Raceway (1.366 -mile speedway, Darlington, S.C.)
The No. 22 Penske Truck Rental Ford Mustang
Start Position: 14
Finish Position: 4
Owner Points Position: 3
THE RACE REVIEW
· Joey Logano qualified the Penske Truck Rental Ford Mustang in the 14th position for the Darlington event.
· At the beginning of the event, Logano made his way to 12th, but radioed in that the car was extremely tight. Crew chief Jeremy Bullins made the call for air pressure and track bar adjustments on the first pit stop.
· Logano couldn’t seem to get the car to handle right until the lap 100 mark, when things began to turn around. The car came to him and he began to work his way through the field, finally cracking the top-10.
· Logano made his way to the seventh position and was content riding there until a caution with less than 30 laps remaining. Bullins left Logano on the track, where he took the lead by staying out.
· The Penske Truck Rental car couldn’t stay in the lead on the older tires, but Logano was able to hold onto fourth over the final 20 laps. The finish was his second-straight top-five finish behind the wheel of the No. 22 Ford Mustang.
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING
TALK ABOUT YOUR RACE
“It was a hard-fought top-five, that’s for sure. I felt like we were a seventh-place car. Jeremy (Bullins) made a good call keeping us out there and I tried to stay in front of those Gibbs cars, but they’re so fast it was just hard to do. To get our Penske Truck Rental Ford up to fourth was a good run for us compared to where I thought we were going to run today.”
HOW FAR DID THIS TEAM COME TODAY?
“When we started the race I wasn’t full of confidence, but everyone kept their heads down and kept digging all day to make the most of what we had. Days like this when you get a top-five it’s not the end of the world, but we want to be in Victory Lane.”
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.