Top-10 Result For Keselowski at Kansas Speedway
April 22, 2013
STP 400 at Kansas Speedway
No. 2 Miller Lite Ford
Start Position: 33
Finishing Position: 6
Current Series Position: 3
THE RACE REVIEW
· After starting the race from the 33rd position, Keselowski was hit from behind on lap one as the bottom lane checked up at the start. The resulting damage had an effect on the rest of the race for the Miller Lite Ford team.
· Keselowski visited pit road twice under the first caution flag of the day, on Lap 6, for repairs to the rear bumper. As a result, he was at the tail end of the lead lap as the green flag was waved. He quickly lost a lap to the race leaders.
· Crew chief Paul Wolfe called for Keselowski to stay on the racing surface when a caution flag was displayed at lap 73 to pick up a “wave around” and return to lead-lap racing.
· At Lap 196, the left-rear quarterpanel and rear bumper came off the “Blue Deuce” while Keselowski was fighting in traffic. He fell back to the 21st position before a caution on Lap 218 allowed him to visit pit road for repairs.
· Despite not having a rear bumper, Keselowski carved his way through the field over the final laps to secure his seventh top-10 finish in the first eight races of the season.
· Keselowski improved to third in the series standings with Sunday’s result.
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING
DOES IT FEEL LIKE A WIN TO HAVE A RACE LIKE THIS AND COME HOME WITH A SIXTH-PLACE FINISH?
Back to previous page.
“Yeah. Usually, you’re not happy unless you win, but on a day where you can fight through adversity like we did today and get a solid finish, that kind of is a win, yes.” – Brad Keselowski
WHAT HAPPENED AT THE START OF THE RACE?
“Something happened where there was a check-up in front. I think somebody was wrecking and I slowed down and the guy behind me didn’t. He just drove through the quarterpanel and tore it all up and eventually the dirty air of cars being around me just sucked it apart. It’s kind of weird. I think that’s probably a really good aero lesson for everybody how dirty the air is that when another car gets beside us it literally blew the quarterpanel off of it, so it’s just part of the deal.” – Brad Keselowski
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.