Penske Racing Jeff Foxworthy's Grit Chips 300 Preview
March 12, 2013The Jeff Foxworthy's Grit Chips 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway
Primary Chassis: PRS-236
· RIGHT ON TRACK: On the heels of his victory at Las Vegas last weekend Hornish is intent on riding the momentum into Bristol in order to accrue valuable championship points.
· LEAD FROM THE FRONT: As the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) points leader and only NNS driver with a win in 2013 Hornish holds a 19 point lead heading into Bristol.
· IN THE RIGHT ONDIRECTI: In his previous NNS starts at Bristol Hornish has finished 14th, 13th and most recently 10th. As one of the hottest drivers in the series, he intends to keep that trend alive as he has finished inside of the top-10 in the first three races this year.
SAM HORNISH JR. NO. 12 ALLIANCE TRUCK PARTS FORD
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE LEADING THE SERIES STANDINGS?
"It feels fantastic to be in the position that we are right now. Greg, myself and everyone on the team have been working, practicing and planning for every contingency. So far it has paid off; we are still getting better too, which makes us confident that we are doing the right things. Overall, I am grateful to Penske Racing, Alliance Truck Parts and Wurth for sticking with me, and it feels fantastic to be able to reward that loyalty with the results we are getting this year."
GREG ERWIN, CREW CHIEF NO. 12 ALLIANCE TRUCK PARTS FORD
"I've always liked Bristol and it feels good going into this race riding the momentum of last weekend's win. This is my first time around with a NNS car so I will be learning. Sam and I have studied his past performances here, and we believe we have identified key areas to work and we have a plan. Our Alliance Truck Parts Ford team has been solid all season - I feel good things are coming our way."
No. 22 Discount Tire/SKF Ford Mustang driven by Brad Keselowski
Primary Chassis: PRS-235
· 20 AND COUNTING: Keselowski's 20 career NASCAR Nationwide Series wins put him tied with Greg Biffle for 14th-place on the all-time wins list.
· FORMER WINNER: Keselowski picked up his only NNS win at Bristol in August of 2008 after a late-race pass of Clint Bowyer. It was the second win of his NNS career.
PICK 22 TO WIN: Discount Tire, America's largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. Visit www.pick22towin.com.
BRAD KESELOWSKI, NO. 22 DISCOUNT TIRE FORD
ARE YOU READY FOR BRISTOL AFTER THE DISAPPOINTING DAY AT LAS VEGAS?
"It seems as though every year we are going to Bristol trying to erase a bad memory from Las Vegas and this year is no different. I hope they don't change the schedule because Bristol is the perfect place to follow Vegas. I love Bristol. It's a place I took to immediately. We should get back on track this weekend."
WHY DID YOU IMMEDIATELY TAKE A LIKING TO BRISTOL?
"To me, Bristol is the most exciting track we visit all year and these Nationwide Series cars put on a heck of a show there. This kind of racing really fits my driving style. It reminds me of the short tracks I grew up racing in Michigan and Ohio."
JEREMY BULLINS, CREW CHIEF NO. 22 DISCOUNT TIRE FORD
WHAT IS THE MOST-IMPORTANT THING THIS WEEKEND?
"We will be looking to keep the Discount Tire Ford turning well in the middle of the corners without sacrificing forward drive on exit. Brad is awesome at Bristol. It's a place where everyone wants to win and I think we have a great shot this weekend."Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.