No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger Preview-Phoenix
November 7, 2012
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Great Clips 200
Phoenix International Raceway
Saturday, November 10, 2012
TV: ESPN at 3:30 PM ET Radio: MRN/Sirius 90
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-222 during Saturday’s Great Clips 200 at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR). Ryan Blaney last drove this chassis to a ninth-place finish at Richmond International Raceway in September.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2012... Following 31 events, the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team sits sixth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings following a second-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway last week with driver Ryan Blaney.
• Keselowski Climbing the Charts… By taking the checkered flag in the Indy 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in July, Keselowski tied Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time NNS win list with 20 victories. Keselowski is now one win away from tying NASCAR legends Dale Earnhardt and Harry Gant for 12th place on the list.
• “Home” Field Advantage… Team sponsor, Discount Tire, is headquartered in nearby Scottsdale, Ariz. Employees of the corporation will make up a large contingent of Keselowski fans on Saturday afternoon.
• #PenskePride…Penske Racing’s social media contest, Penske Pride, allows fans to Tweet @PenskeRacing photos showing their support of Penske Racing in unique ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. Winners have received signed merchandise, race tickets, and even the chance to play video games with Brad Keselowski. At the end of the year, Penske Racing will select one photo to be named Photo of the Year. The winner will receive the Ultimate Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver.
• Pick 22 To Win… Discount Tire, America’s largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. At pick22towin.com fans select where Keselowski and his No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger will finish in a designated Nationwide Series race. There are 15 separate Nationwide Series races for fans to participate in for a chance to win free sets of tires and great autographed Brad Keselowski race gear.
Brad Keselowski on racing at Phoenix International Raceway
“I’m excited to get back in the Discount Tire Dodge Challenger this weekend at Phoenix because it means we’ll be racing in front of a large number of employees from Discount Tire. They’ve been very supportive of me during the time since I’ve been a member of Penske Racing and it’s fun to put on a show for them. Ryan Blaney and the guys on this team have done a great job over the last two weeks. It’s really been impressive to see the speed they’ve had in the cars. That gives me the confidence that we can win our last race together for 2012.”
Crew chief Jeremy Bullins on this weekend’s race at Phoenix International Raceway
Back to previous page.
“It seems like yesterday that we finished 2nd at the first Phoenix race, which was just my second race on this team. We sure would like to gain one more position and get the Discount Tire Dodge back to victory lane on this trip. It would be great to get a win at their home track and continue to finish this season strong. Everyone at Penske Racing continues to build fast Dodge Challengers as we look to end the 2012 season on a high note over the next two races.”
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.