No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger Preview-AAA 400
September 25, 2012
No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger
Dover International Speedway
Sunday, September 30, 2012
TV: ESPN at 1:00 PM ET Radio: MRN/Sirius Channel 90
No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger News and Notes
• This Week’s Charger… The No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger team will race chassis PRS-813 during Sunday’s AAA 400 at Dover International Speedway (DIS). Keselowski last raced this chassis to a fourth-place finish at Pocono Raceway last month. It has been updated to the current Penske Racing specification.
• No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger in 2012… After two races in the 2012 Chase for the Championship, including a win at Chicago, Keselowski and the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge team are ranked second in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) driver and owner point standings, just one point out of the lead.
• Consistency is the Key... Keselowski has finished inside the top-10 in 11 of the past 12 NSCS races. At Bristol Motor Speedway last month he was caught up in an incident that was out of his control for his only finish outside the top 10 since the June race at Infineon Raceway. That consistency has helped Keselowski become a favorite for the 2012 NSCS title.
• Former NNS Winner… Keselowski does own one NASCAR Nationwide Series win in his career at DIS, which came in May of 2009.
• Driver Turned Crew Chief… No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger crew chief Paul Wolfe made 16 starts in the Nationwide Series from 2003-2005. Two of those starts came at Dover in 2003 and 2005, as he finished 16th in each event. In addition, Wolfe competed in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East from 2000-2004 and he made three starts at the “Monster Mile,” capturing one pole award, one outside pole position and two second-place finishes (2002, 2004).
• Have a Beer with Brad… Keselowski will make a Miller Lite appearance at the Grotto Pizza located at 102 Silicato Way in Milford, DE on Thursday night at 7 pm ET.
• It’s Miller Time… The featured tag line on the rear bumper of the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge this weekend at Dover is “It’s Miller Time.” One of the most recognized marketing slogans in recent memory, “It’s Miller Time” can be found within many popular culture references. MillerCoors decided to bring back the slogan earlier this year.
• The Rest is History... Penske Racing made its first start at Dover International Speedway in the 1972 Delaware 500 with Dave Marcis driving the No. 16 entry. Over the last four decades, Penske Racing has enjoyed its share of success on the tough one-mile oval. In 75 starts, the organization has recorded seven wins, nine poles and 22 top-five finishes at Dover. Penske Racing drivers have led 1,676 laps at the track. Kurt Busch scored the most-recent DIS win in the 2011 fall race.
Brad Keselowski on the importance of this weekend’s race at Dover International Speedway
“There is no question that Dover is probably our weakest track in the Chase. We’ve had some good, not great, cars there in the past. I let a top-10 finish slip away there last year when I stalled the car on pit road late in the race. So we know we can get a solid finish, but we’re going up there to win the race. I know (crew chief) Paul (Wolfe) has really targeted Dover for the last several weeks, really putting a lot of emphasis on it. I’m confident we can go up there and keep ourselves in the championship conversation. This Miller Lite Dodge team took a great step last week at Loudon. We took a fifth to 10th-place car and finished sixth with it. That’s what championship teams do.”
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on this weekend’s race at Dover International Speedway
Back to previous page.
“I’m sure a lot of people look at us and say ‘they run well at Bristol, they should do the same at Dover.’ That’s just not necessarily the case. They may look the same, but Dover is its own animal. The speeds are higher and the loads are much greater. I definitely feel we are making progress at Dover and I’m really excited about this weekend. Brad is the kind of driver that can excel there and we should see that this weekend. He’s as focused as I’ve ever seen him. We still need to qualify better, especially this weekend. Dover is a place where it’s very difficult to make up track position. But I can guarantee that everyone will get our best shot this weekend.”
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.