No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger Preview - Kentucky
September 18, 2012
Ryan Blaney looks to continue his momentum into Kentucky
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Saturday, September 22, 2012
TV: ESPN at 3:30 pm ET Radio: PRN/Sirius 90
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
Back to previous page.
• This Week's Challenger... Ryan Blaney and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-233 during Saturday's Kentucky 300 at Kentucky Speedway. This chassis is brand new to the No. 22 fleet.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2012... Following 26 points-paying events, the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team sits seventh in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings following a fourth-place finish last weekend at Chicagoland Speedway with Brad Keselowski behind the wheel.
• New face of Penske Racing... This weekend will mark Blaney's third race competing in the No. 22 Dodge Challenger with Penske Racing. He earned top-10 results in races at Iowa and Richmond this season. Blaney comes from a long line of racing heritage, following in the footsteps of his father, Dave Blaney, the former World of Outlaws champion and current NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver. Blaney has been hailed as one of NASCAR's most promising young talents and he is a welcome addition to the Penske Racing lineup.
• A Family Tradition... The history behind the No. 22 is deeply rooted within the Blaney family. Not many father-son duos can say that they have raced the same car number, but Dave and Ryan Blaney now share that tradition. Dave made a record 104 starts in the No. 22 under Bill Davis Racing before Penske Racing acquired the number at the end of the 2009 season. This weekend Ryan will continue to add to the family tradition and proudly carry on the history of the No. 22 entry.
• On a Roll... Blaney earned his first victory in a major NASCAR series event last weekend driving for the team owned by his Penske Racing teammate, Brad Keselowski, in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS). In only his third Truck Series start, Blaney became the youngest winner (18 years, 8 months, 15 days) in NCWTS history as he topped Kyle Busch's record of 20 years and 18 days set in 2005.
• Camera Ready... Blaney will serve as Saturday afternoon's in-race reporter during the Kentucky 300 broadcast on ESPN. Fans can submit questions for Blaney to ESPN at ESPN Mailbag: In Race Reporter.
• #PenskePride...Penske Racing is asking fans to show their Penske Pride through a unique social media contest that will last for the balance of the 2012 season. Through the #PenskePride contest, each race weekend fans will Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver.
Copyright ©2015 Team Penske. All rights reserved.