No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Preview-Food City 250
August 21, 2012
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Food City 250
Bristol Motor Speedway
Friday, August 24, 2012
TV: ESPN at 7:00 PM ET Radio: PRN/Sirius 90
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-210 during Friday night’s Food City 250 at Bristol Motor Speedway (BMS). Parker Kligerman last raced this chassis to a 12th-place finish at Dover International Speedway in May.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2012... Following 22 points-paying events, the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team sits sixth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings following a third-place finish at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve with driver Jacque Villeneuve.
• Keselowski Climbing the Charts… By taking the checkered flag in the Indy 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway last month, Keselowski tied Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time NNS win list with 20 victories. Keselowski is now one win away from tying NASCAR legends Dale Earnhardt and Harry Gant for 12th place on the list.
• Triple Duty… In addition to his duties driving in both the NASCAR Cup Series and the Nationwide Series, Keselowski will pilot his own No. 29 Ram in Wednesday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) race at BMS. This is his sixth, and final, NCWTS start of 2012.
• Former Winner Hopes To Get Back on Track… Keselowski, who won this event in 2008, will be looking to make up for lost time as he was forced to miss the 2011 edition of this race while nursing a broken ankle suffered in a testing accident at Road Atlanta.
• #PenskePride…Penske Racing is asking fans to show their Penske Pride through a unique social media contest that will last for the balance of the 2012 season. Through the #PenskePride contest, each race weekend fans will Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver.
• Pick 22 To Win… Discount Tire, America’s largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. At pick22towin.com fans select where Keselowski and his No. 22 Discount Tire/Snap-on Dodge Challenger will finish in a designated Nationwide Series race. There are 15 separate Nationwide Series races for fans to participate in for a chance to win free sets of tires and great autographed Brad Keselowski race gear.
Brad Keselowski on Bristol Motor Speedway
“To me, Bristol is the most exciting track we visit all year and these Nationwide Series cars put on a heck of a show there. This kind of racing really fits my driving style. It reminds me of the short tracks I grew up racing in Michigan and Ohio. My 2008 win at Bristol is among my biggest and I would love to add another this weekend. Jeremy (Bullins, crew chief) and everyone on the Discount Tire Dodge team have done a great job over the last several months in making this a team to beat each and every race. This weekend should be no exception.”
Crew chief Jeremy Bullins on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway
Back to previous page.
“We’re excited to get back to Bristol with Brad in the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge this weekend. With all of his success in the Cup car and our third-place finish in one of our first outings together there in the spring race we feel like we have a good shot to get another win this weekend. The key to Bristol, just like any short track, is to keep the car turning in the center of the corner without sacrificing forward drive. If we can do that we should be fine. Coming off some solid top-three finishes at the road course races we have built a lot of momentum. We want to keep that going as we head into the weekend.”
Copyright ©2015 Team Penske. All rights reserved.