No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts - Wypall 200 Preview
November 8, 2011No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Team News and Notes
• Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger, will make his 12th start of the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season Saturday afternoon in the Wypall 200 at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR).
• This will mark Hornish's third NNS start at Phoenix. He has made seven previous NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) starts and six IZOD IndyCar Series (IICS) starts at PIR.
• Hornish has visited Victory Lane two times at PIR as an IISC driver (2005 & 2001).
• From 2006 to present, Hornish has made a total of 31 NNS starts. He has scored 12 top-15 finishes during that time and has also captured four top-five and 11 top-10 starting positions while competing in a limited NNS schedule over the last five plus seasons.
• This weekend will mark the 11th race together for Hornish and crew chief, Chad Walter, who called the shots for the No. 12 Penske Racing Nationwide Series team in the past and helped guide the No. 12 team to a top-six championship finish in each of the last two seasons.
• Hornish will participate in a Q & A and autograph session at the Nationwide Series display located in the PIR Midway on Friday, November 11 at 4:00 p.m. PT.
Sam Hornish Jr.'s comments on this weekend's Wypall 200
Crew Chief Chad Walter's comments on this weekend's Wypall 200
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.