No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger Kansas Preview
October 5, 2011
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Kansas Lottery 300
October 8, 2011
TV: ESPN2 at 3:30 PM ET Radio: MRN/Sirius 90 at 3:00 PM ET
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-222 during Saturday’s Kansas Lottery 300 at Kansas Speedway. This is a brand-new chassis to the No. 22 fleet.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2011... After 29 events, Keselowski and the reigning NNS champion No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team are ranked seventh in the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings. The team is coming off a second-place finish in the OneMain Financial 200 last weekend at Dover International Speedway.
• Kansas Rewind… After starting the 2010 edition of this race from the eighth position, Keselowski noticed a vibration in the No. 22 car early in the event and lost a lap to the leaders while he pitted under the green flag. Keselowski was able to battle back to lead-lap racing – he eventually led a total of 38 laps – before finishing second in the race. With the finish, Keselowski extended his NASCAR record to 95 consecutive Nationwide Series race without a DNF (Did Not Finish).
• Keselowski Speedway Stats… In 96 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated seven wins, 41 top-five finishes, 59 top-10 results and five pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 1,285 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
• Follow Brad on Twitter… Fans can follow Keselowski on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/keselowski. Followers can get a glimpse inside his everyday life while keeping up-to-date on the latest Cup Series and Nationwide Series news for the Penske Racing driver.
• RubyTuesdayRacing.com… When Brad wins, you win. Visit www.rubytuesdayracing.com following any of his wins, either in the Cup Series or the Nationwide Series, to register for a delicious Ruby Tuesday hamburger of your choice, compliments of Ruby Tuesday and Brad.
Brad Keselowski on racing at Kansas Speedway
“Kansas is quite a bit different than some of the more traditional mile-and-a-half tracks, like Charlotte and Texas. It’s really similar to Auto Club Speedway in California. There are obvious differences in size as California is a two-mile track. The straightaway speed is not quite the same, but the corners are really similar. You can also run all over the track at Kansas – from the high lane to the low lane. It’s a great racetrack. I’m excited about going there twice a year because it is another one of those areas of the country where they support racing.”
Crew chief Todd Gordon on racing at Kansas Speedway
Back to previous page.
“We’re coming off a win at Chicago just a couple of weeks ago, so we feel great about our speedway package as we head to Kansas this weekend. Brad has certainly shown that he is one of the best in the garage on the mile-and-a-half tracks this season. Kansas is a smooth, fast racetrack. Where it looks similar to Chicago, it’s much easier on equipment. Chicago has a rough surface where you worry about ride quality. At Kansas you focus on speed and balance. We’ll take something from our notes packages from Chicago and from Auto Club Speedway and try to get back to Victory Lane this weekend.”
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.