No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger Preview - Dover
September 27, 2011Brad Keselowski
No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger
OneMain Financial 200
Dover International Speedway
October 1, 2011
TV: ESPN2 at 3:30 PM ET Radio: MRN/Sirius 90 at 3:00 PM ET
No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger News and Notes
· This Week's Challenger… Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-221 during Saturday's OneMain Financial 200 at Dover International Speedway (DIS). Penske Racing's Sam Hornish Jr. last drove this chassis to a 24th-place finish at Iowa Speedway in August.
· The No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger in 2011... After 26 events, Keselowski and the reigning NNS champion No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger team are ranked seventh in the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings. The team is coming off its fourth win of the season in the Dollar General 300 two weeks ago at Chicagoland Speedway.
· Former Winner… A former winner at DIS, Keselowski took the checkered flag in the 2009 Heluva Good! 200 on May 31, 2009. Keselowski led only two laps in the victory.
· Starting Over… A late-race incident in the spring race at DIS kept Keselowski from extending his streak of seven consecutive, lead-lap finishes at the track. Keselowski considers DIS to be one of his better tracks so he will be determined to start another streak this weekend.
· Keselowski Speedway Stats… In 95 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated seven wins, 40 top-five finishes, 578 top-10 results and five pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 1,275 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
· Follow Brad on Twitter… Fans can follow Keselowski on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/keselowski. Followers can get a glimpse inside his everyday life while keeping up-to-date on the latest Cup Series and Nationwide Series news for the Penske Racing driver.
· Meet Brad…Keselowski will make an appearance at the Ruby Tuesday located at 945 North Dupont Blvd. in Milford, Del., on Thursday, September 29 beginning at 7:00 p.m. ET.
Brad Keselowski on racing at the "Monster Mile"
"I don't think Dover gets the recognition that it deserves. It's a nasty racetrack and I mean that in a good way. Very few tracks are as physically demanding as Dover. It's hard on both the drivers and the equipment. At no point during the race can you just log laps because, if you aren't racing another driver, you are making sure that you keep your car out of the wall. For that reason, Dover is one of my favorite tracks. I was able to win there last year and we are running well enough that we can win this week, too."
Crew chief Todd Gordon on racing at Dover International Speedway
"Dover is another very tough racetrack where you have to race the track first and the other competitors second. Track position is important, so you have to place more of an emphasis on qualifying. The track will change a lot throughout the race so the biggest concern is making sure you keep up with that through your adjustments, especially as the track begins to build rubber as the race progresses. This is one of Brad's favorite tracks and we would like to tame the ‘Monster Mile' this weekend."
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2015 Team Penske. All rights reserved.