No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts - Dollar General 300 Preview
September 13, 2011
No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Team News and Notes
• Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger, will make his eighth start of the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season Saturday afternoon in the Dollar General 300 at Chicagoland Speedway.
• This will mark Hornish's first start in the NNS at Chicagoland. He was able to get a few laps under his belt back in the spring, when he subbed for teammate Brad Keselowski in the first practice session for the STP 300.
• From 2006 to present, Hornish has made a total of 28 NNS starts. He has scored eight top-15 finishes during that time and has also captured four top-five, eight top-10 and 14 top-15 starting positions while competing in a limited NNS schedule over the last five plus seasons.
• This weekend marks the eighth outing together for Hornish and crew chief, Chad Walter, who called the shots for the No. 12 Penske Racing Nationwide Series team in the past and helped guide the No. 12 team to top-six championship finishes in each of the last two seasons.
• In seven career starts in the IndyCar Series at Chicagoland, Hornish earned six top-five finishes, including two wins. He has also recorded five top-five starting positions, including two poles. He has led 253 laps of racing at the venue.
• The No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger will feature one of the ESPN 2 broadcasts in car cameras. Race coverage will begin at 3:00pm ET on ESPN 2 and action will be heard live on the Motor Racing Network and Sirius Channel 90
• Fans will have a chance to meet Hornish during an autograph session on Wednesday, September 14 from 6-7pm CT at Meijer, located at 950 West North Ave., Melrose Park, IL. Only 150 wristbands will be distributed for the event.
Sam Hornish Jr. comments on this weekend's Dollar General 300
"I am excited to get back behind the wheel of the Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger this weekend at Chicagoland Speedway. It has always been an exciting place for me to go because I have celebrated an IndyCar Series win and clinched a championship there. The track is fast and with the banking it carries a lot of speed. Between testing and getting ready for this weekend, the No. 12 crew has been working hard in the shop to provide me with the best equipment out there and I hope I can thank them by ending up in victory lane this weekend."
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments on this weekend's Dollar General 300
Back to previous page.
"Once again, we are ready to bring the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger to Chicagoland Speedway. The Speedway is not a "cookie cutter" track as it has a curved backstretch making qualifying important as it will lead to great track position for the start of the race. The entire team has been working hard on preparing for this weekend and hopefully we can bring home the results that show it ."
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.