No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger Preview-Food City 250
August 24, 2011
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Food City 250
Bristol Motor Speedway
August 26, 2011
TV: ESPN at 7:30 PM ET Radio: MRN/Sirius 90 at 7:00 PM ET
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… Parker Kligerman and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-207 during Friday’s Food City 250 at Bristol Motor Speedway (BMS). Brad Keselowski drove this chassis to a 12th-place finish at Nashville Superspeedway last month.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2011... After 23 events, the reigning NNS champion No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team is ranked seventh in the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings. The team is coming off a 27th-place finish in the Napa Auto Parts 200 presented by Dodge last weekend at Montreal’s Circuit Gilles Villeneuve as Jacques Villeneuve filled in for Keselowski behind the wheel.
• Depth Charge… There are few organizations within NASCAR that could withstand an injury to a championship-caliber driver the way Penske Racing has since Keselowski was injured in a testing accident at Road Atlanta earlier this month. Over the last four races, including one with Keselowski as the driver, of the No. 22 car, the team has compiled two wins and two pole awards, with Kurt Busch, Sam Hornish, Jr. and Jacques Villeneuve all lending championship credentials to the seat.
• Kligerman 2010 Bristol Rewind… After starting from the 43rd position in last year’s Food City 250 at BMS, Kligerman raced his way to a ninth-place result, his first top-10 finish in NNS competition.
• Rate Our Commercials… Fans can visit www.discounttiremotorsports.com to vote for their favorite commercial featuring Keselowski, driver of the Discount Tire Dodge Challenger. By doing so, fans can earn a chance to win $500.
• Follow Parker on Twitter… Fans can follow Kligerman on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/pkligerman. Followers can get a glimpse inside his everyday life while keeping up-to-date on the latest news for the Penske Racing driver.
Parker Kligerman on filling in for Brad Keselowski this weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway
“Make no mistake, this is Brad Keselowski’s seat, but it is a big opportunity for me. It’s not often that drivers get the opportunity to jump into a championship-winning car. Therefore, I look forward to representing Discount Tire as best I can this weekend. Our last race together was Daytona last July and we hope to replicate the success that we had together there (Kligerman qualified second and finished 13th). Bristol is where I got my first top-10 in the Nationwide Series and I think with (crew chief) Todd Gordon and the guys building fast racecars, we can produce similar results. I appreciate Mr. Penske, Brad and everyone at Penske Racing for having the confidence in me to drive the Discount Tire Challenger at one of my favorite tracks.”
Crew chief Todd Gordon on working with Parker Kligerman this weekend
Back to previous page.
“Racing 750 miles at Bristol (the combined total of the Cup and Nationwide Series races this weekend) is hard on someone that isn’t injured the way Brad is and we all want him to get back to 100% as quickly as possible. We’re all pulling together to make sure we don’t miss a beat in his absence. Parker has already done a great job in helping set up the Discount Tire Dodges at several times this year when Brad couldn’t make it to practice, including Indianapolis where Brad was able to drive the car to victory. If you look at the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series program at Brad Keselowski Racing, Parker has made a lot of strides as a driver over there. He had a great race at Bristol last year and I’m excited to work with him. We’ve had a lot of outstanding drivers – championship-caliber drivers – fill the seat over the last three races. I’ve enjoyed working with all of them and I think Parker will continue the roll we’ve been on.”
Copyright ©2015 Team Penske. All rights reserved.