Brad Keselowski Cup Series Homestead Preview
November 16, 2010
No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger
November 21, 2010
No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger News and Notes
• This Week’s Charger… The No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-743 during Sunday’s 400-mile season-finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS). This is a brand-new chassis to the No. 12 team.
• No. 12 Penske Dodge in 2010... After 35 events, Keselowski and the No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger team currently sit 25th in the Cup Series driver and owner point standings.
• Keselowski at Homestead-Miami Speedway… In addition to his two career Cup Series starts at HMS, Keselowski has made four career NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) starts at the 1.5-mile oval. In those races, he has recorded one top-five finish and he has completed every lap, with 20 laps led. Keselowski has also made two NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts at HMS, with his best result of 22nd coming in 2005 while driving his family-owned, K-Automotive entry.
• Final Race in No. 12… Sunday’s season finale will be the final race for Keselowski behind the wheel of the No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger. Next season he will pilot the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger, one of the most iconic rides in the NASCAR Cup Series.
• The Rest is History... In 27 combined Cup Series starts at HMS, Penske Racing drivers have recorded three top-five finishes and seven top-10 results. Team Penske drivers have captured one win, 14 top-five and 17 top-10 finishes at Homestead and they have led 629 laps in open-wheel competition.
Brad Keselowski on the his first full-season in the Cup Series
“This year has been a year of progression and learning, for sure. I feel like we are building equity here at Penske Racing. We want to definitely be better. It’s hard to put a grade on that. I think that some of the efforts we put in could have yielded better results, but a lot of that was just bad racing luck. Other weeks we haven’t performed well and have had good luck to get decent finishes. So that makes it hard to put a grade on the season. We still have work to do to get to where we want to be, and that is contending for wins and a spot in the Chase.”
Brad Keselowski on his plans for the off-season
“I plan on being around my house this off-season. I bought a new house earlier in the year and have yet to spend much time in it. This has been a busy year, racing in two series, and I’m just looking forward to relaxing before the holidays. My family still lives in Michigan, so I’ll make my way up there at some point. Then it will be full steam ahead in preparing for 2011 and my first year driving the ‘Blue Deuce’ for Penske Racing.”
Crew chief Jay Guy on preparing for this weekend’s race at Homestead-Miami Speedway
Back to previous page.
“We’re bringing another new car to the track for the second consecutive weekend and we’re excited about how it will race. Our cars have really progressed over the last couple of months. We’ve seen a lot of gains across the board, although our results might not show it. The intermediate tracks have been up and down for us this year, but I feel like we can go to Homestead this weekend and have a strong finish to the season. The key to running well at Homestead – and this is true of almost any track we visit – is keeping your car turning well in the middle of the corner while maintaining good drive on corner exit.”
Copyright ©2015 Team Penske. All rights reserved.