Brad Keselowski NNS Auto Club Speedway Preview
October 5, 2010
No. 22 America’s Tire Dodge Charger
Camping World 300
Auto Club Speedway
October 9, 2010
No. 22 America’s Tire Dodge Charger News and Notes
• This Week’s Charger… The No. 22 Penske Racing America’s Tire Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-028 during Saturday’s Camping World 300 at Auto Club Speedway. Keselowski last drove this chassis to victory at Nashville Superspeedway in June.
• The No. 22 America’s Tire Dodge Charger in 2010... After 29 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 America’s Tire Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver point standings by 374 points over second-place contender Carl Edwards. Keselowski has led the standings since his win at Talladega Superspeedway in April.
• Adding to the Record... By taking the checkered flag in the last Nationwide Series race at Kansas Speedway, Keselowski extended his NASCAR record with his 96th consecutive Nationwide Series race without a DNF (Did Not Finish).
• Series Leader… Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (20), top-10 finishes (23) and laps completed in 2010. He has completed all but one of the 5,334 laps contested this season and has led the field for 995 of those circuits.
• Keselowski Speedway Stats… In 76 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated three wins, 30 top-five finishes, 44 top-10 finishes and four pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 829 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
• Ruby Tuesday Race to the Championship… To highlight the run to the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series championship by Keselowski, Ruby Tuesday has launched the “Race to the Championship Sweepstakes.” Race fans can visit www.rubytuesdayracing.com for a chance to win a 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T to be given away at the NASCAR season-finale weekend at the Homestead-Miami Speedway, November 19-21.
Brad Keselowski on settling for a third-place finish at Auto Club Speedway in February
“It was really early in the season. We needed to establish momentum with our new No. 22 America’s Tire Dodge Charger team. Taking the chance of wrecking a racecar to win the race – while it would have been nice – wouldn’t have helped us get better as a team. We needed to build a database and fleet of cars to run the rest of the year. So we had to be smart about how we began the season. I was able to get to the inside of Greg (Biffle) and Kyle (Busch), but it wasn’t worth it to push the issue that much. So we took a solid third-place finish out of what could have, possibly, been a win.”
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on Auto Club Speedway
Back to previous page.
“California is a good track for us to continue our march to the championship. We were fast right off the truck there in the spring and I feel really good about the No. 22 America’s Tire Dodge Charger that we are bringing this weekend. Any time you are bringing a race-winning chassis to the track you like your chances. The corners at Kansas are very similar to California and we almost got a win there last weekend. It’s a track that is very aero-sensitive. You need to keep the car ‘clean’ if you want to have a chance to win. We know that we have a driver that will give us everything he has and we’re going out there with one thing on our mind – winning the race.”
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.