Brad Keselowski Nationwide Series Richmond Preview
September 7, 2010
No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger
Virginia 529 College Savings 250
Richmond International Raceway
September 10, 2010
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger News and Notes
• This Week’s Charger… The No. 22 Penske Racing Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-204 during Friday’s Virginia 529 College Savings 250 at Richmond International Raceway (RIR). Keselowski last drove this chassis to a victory at Michigan International Speedway in August.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger in 2010... After 26 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver point standings by 332 points over second-place contender Carl Edwards. Keselowski has led the standings since his win at Talladega Superspeedway in April.
• Adding to the Record... By taking the checkered flag in last Saturday’s race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Keselowski extended his NASCAR record with his 93rd consecutive Nationwide Series race without a DNF (Did Not Finish).
• Series Leader… Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (18), top-10 finishes (21) and laps completed in 2010. He has completed all but one of the 4,684 laps contested this season and has led the field for 922 of those circuits.
• Richmond Rewind… In one of the more-dominating victories of the 2010 season, Keselowski qualified fourth for spring race at RIR before driving his way to the front of the field to lead 189 of 250 laps. The victory was his second consecutive win following his victory at Talladega Superspeedway and the eighth of his Nationwide Series career.
• Keselowski Short Track Stats… In 26 short track starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated four wins, 11 top-five finishes, 15 top-10 finishes and two pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 616 laps at tracks less than one mile in length.
• Ruby Tuesday Race to the Championship… To highlight the run to the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series championship by Keselowski and the No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger team, Ruby Tuesday has launched the “Race to the Championship Sweepstakes.” Race fans can visit www.rubytuesdayracing.com for a chance to win a 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T to be given away at the NASCAR season-finale weekend at the Homestead-Miami Speedway, November 19-21.
Brad Keselowski on his chances of winning back-to-back Nationwide Series races at Richmond
“The real challenge for us going back to Richmond is making sure we run well with the new car. It obviously drives differently. We won’t be able to use the setup notes from the spring race. That’s a little bit of a shame because we were so good with the old car, but we’ve also been very strong and consistent in the new Dodge Challenger. So I feel very good about our chances this weekend. We should be very competitive and I feel that we will contend for the win. Richmond is a place that I’ve really learned how to get around over the last couple of years.”
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on the running the new Dodge Challenger at Richmond this weekend
Back to previous page.
“We’ve placed a lot of emphasis on these new Dodge Challenger races and I think we’ve shown that in how strong we’ve been with the new car. Everyone on this team has been executing well and doing the things we know how to do. Hopefully we can mesh some of our setup notes from the spring race with the setup that these new cars like. You really want to make sure you have a car that turns well in the center of the corner without sacrificing any drive off.”
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.