Justin Allgaier - NNS Homestead-Miami Preview
November 11, 2008
No. 12 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Charger
Notes & Quotes
For Immediate Release – November 11, 2008
- Justin Allgaier will be making his fourth start in the NASCAR Nationwide Series in the No. 12 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Charger for Penske Racing. (2008 finishes: Lowes 34th, Texas 21st, Phoenix 11th).
- Allgaier competed in the No. 12 Penske Truck Rental Dodge at Phoenix International Raceway Saturday, November 8th, posting an 11th-place finish in his first start on the one-mile track.
- Allgaier has one previous attempt to qualify (2005) at Homestead-Miami Speedway in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. This will be Allgaier’s first start on the 1.5-mile oval Homestead-Miami Speedway in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
- Just two days after Allgaier’s first start in the NNS for Penske Racing he won his sixth ARCA race of the year, claiming the 2008 ARCA RE/MAX Series Championship.
- Allgaier has won on every type of ARCA track - speedway, superspeedway, short track, road course and dirt track.
- On September 17, Penske Racing announced the signing of 22-year old Allgaier to drive in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Allgaier will drive a limited Nationwide Series schedule in 2008 and 2009.
Justin Allgaier Quote Re: Homestead-Miami Speedway:
“It’s been a few years since I’ve raced at Homestead. I’m really looking forward to heading back this weekend in the Penske Truck Rental Dodge.
“The big thing about Homestead is that the corner entry seems fairly wide and the exit of the corner tightens. If you add the corner banking to the straightaway banking it really makes the track unique. Homestead is its own unique 1.5-mile track that is challenging to the crews setting up the cars and the drivers, but the track always puts on a great show for the fans.”
Crew Chief Matt Gimbel on Homestead-Miami Speedway:
““We had a good run at Phoenix last week with an 11th-place finish. It certainly gives Justin confidence and gives us momentum to carry into Homestead. While our Texas finish wasn’t as good as we wanted, we learned quite a few things about Justin’s driving style.
“Our group has been working hard to give Justin the balance he needs on 1.5-mile tracks and hopefully that will pay off this week at Homestead. A good middle corner to exit balance is essential at Homestead, to carry speed on the straights in the Nationwide cars.”
Justin Allgaier Fast Facts/Stats:
- 22 years old (DOB June 6, 1986).
- Hometown - Riverton, Ill.
- Married - wife Ashley.
- 2008: Made NASCAR Nationwide Series debut at Lowe’s Motor Speedway (Concord, NC)
- 2008 NASCAR Nationwide results: Lowes Motor Speedway, started 14th, finished 34th; Texas Motor Speedway started 13th, finished 21st; Phoenix International Raceway started 20th, finished 11th.)
- 2008 ARCA/REMAX Series Champion
- 2008 ARCA wins: Salem Speedway (Ind.), Cayuga Speedway Park (Ontario, Canada), Pocono Raceway (Pa.), New Jersey Motorsports Park (N.J.), Talladega Superspeedway (Ala.)., Toledo Speedway (Oh.)
- 2007 ARCA record (23 of 23 events): Fourth in championship standings; one win (Salem Speedway), four top-five and 10 top-10 finishes.
- 2006 ARCA record (21 of 23 events): 10th in championship standings; one win (Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, Ill.), seven top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
- NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series record: 2005 - four races, best start 22nd (Texas), best finish 27th (Las Vegas, Texas); 2006 - three races, best start 26th (Milwaukee), best finish 21st (Kansas); 2008 — one race (Kentucky), started 34th, finished 24th.
- Five-time national quarter midget champion, more than 100 feature wins.
- Chili Bowl records: 2007 - third (A Main); 2006 - 24th (A Main); 2005 - 10th (First C Main); 2004 - 12th (First B Main); 2003 - eighth (Second C Main); 2002 - DNS (Second G Main); 2001 - youngest driver ever to make an A Main race (14 years old)
Upcoming Races for Justin Allgaier:
- Nov. 15: Ford 300, Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Jan. 13-17, 2009: 23rd Annual Chili Bowl, Tulsa Expo Raceway
PBC-018: This weekend’s Dodge Charger was the primary car at Texas Motor Speedway April 5, 2008 driven by Sam Hornish Jr. (Started 43rd, Finished 19th).
PBC-017: This weekend’s backup chassis was last raced by Allgaier at Texas Motor Speedway November 1, 2008 (Started 13th, Finished 21st).
No. 12 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Pit Crew:
Back to previous page.
- Crew Chief: Matt Gimbel (Northampton, Pa.)
- Team Engineer: Jonathan Hassler (Greencastle, Ind.)
- Car Chief: Tom Clavette (Methuen, Mass.)
- Front-tire Carrier: Jayson Wong (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
- Front-tire Changer: Nick Giambruno (Long Island, N.Y.)
- Jackman: Braxton Brannon (Mooresville, N.C.)
- Rear-tire Carrier: Steve Bailey (Brevard, N.C.)
- Rear-tire Changer: David Woodhead (Montoursville, Pa.)
- Gasman: Chris Moore (Tampa, Fla.)
- Catch Can: Jesse Baker (Radford, Va.)
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.