Justin Allgaier - NNS Phoenix Preview
November 4, 2008
No. 12 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Charger
Hefty Odor Block 200
Notes & Quotes
For Immediate Release – November 4, 2008
- Justin Allgaier will be making his third start in the NASCAR Nationwide Series in the No. 12 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Charger for Penske Racing.
- This will be Justin Allgaier’s first start on the one-mile Phoenix International Raceway (PIR).
- Allgaier competed in the No. 12 for Penske Racing at Texas Motor Speedway on Saturday, November 1st, posting a 21st-place finish.
- Allgaier’s first start for Penske Racing was at the Lowe’s Motor Speedway, October 10th in the Dollar General 300. Allgaier started in the 14th position and was running a solid 13th when he was caught up in a multi-car incident and finished 34th.
- Just two days after Allgaier’s first start in the NNS for Penske Racing he won his sixth ARCA race of the year, claiming the 2008 ARCA RE/MAX Series Championship.
- Allgaier has won on every type of ARCA track - speedway, superspeedway, short track, road course and dirt track.
- Allgaier is known for his short track abilities, posting wins in the ARCA RE/MAX Series on tracks of one mile or less - Springfield Mile (2006), Salem Speedway (2007, 2008), Toledo Speedway (2008).
- On September 17, Penske Racing announced the signing of 22-year old Allgaier to drive in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Allgaier will drive a limited Nationwide Series schedule in 2008 and 2009.
Justin Allgaier Quote Re: Phoenix International Raceway:
“The one-mile tracks suit me more than a larger track so far in my career. I’ve had a lot of success on short tracks so I am very excited to be in the No. 12 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Charger for Saturday’s Nationwide race.
“Phoenix has such an incredible history with open wheel and stock cars so I am really looking forward to racing there. I know these Penske Racing guys in the shop have been working so hard on this Phoenix car. I would love to go to the desert and show them my appreciation with a good finish.”
Crew Chief Matt Gimbel on Phoenix International Raceway:
“Our main goal for Justin this weekend is to get him comfortable and give him a good balance. We learned a few things with our short track testing last week, which I think is going to help us this weekend. It gave us some tools to balance the car to go out solid in the race Saturday. Our goal is a top-20 or top-15 finish.
“Justin has a strong short track background and when we tested with him he seemed to really take right to the short track. I’m optimistic, cautiously optimistic about we will have this week. We have gained a lot of ground the last few weeks learning Justin and getting him into a car that better suits his driving style.”
Justin Allgaier Fast Facts/Stats:
- 22 years old (DOB June 6, 1986).
- Hometown - Riverton, Ill.
- Married - wife Ashley.
- 2008 ARCA/REMAX Series Champion
- 2008 ARCA wins: Salem Speedway (Ind.), Cayuga Speedway Park (Ontario, Canada), Pocono Raceway (Pa.), New Jersey Motorsports Park (N.J.), Talladega Superspeedway (Ala.)., Toledo Speedway (Oh.)
- 2007 ARCA record (23 of 23 events): Fourth in championship standings; one win (Salem Speedway), four top-five and 10 top-10 finishes.
- 2006 ARCA record (21 of 23 events): 10th in championship standings; one win (Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, Ill.), seven top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
- NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series record: 2005 - four races, best start 22nd (Texas), best finish 27th (Las Vegas, Texas); 2006 - three races, best start 26th (Milwaukee), best finish 21st (Kansas); 2008 — one race (Kentucky), started 34th, finished 24th.
- Five-time national quarter midget champion, more than 100 feature wins.
Upcoming Races for Justin Allgaier:
- 11/08: Hefty Odor Block 200, Phoenix International Raceway
- 11/15: Ford 300, Homestead-Miami Speedway
PBC-020: This weekend’s Dodge Charger was the primary car at Lowe’s Motor Speedway May 24, 2008 driven by Sam Hornish Jr. (Started 13th, Finished 39th).
PBC-016: The backup car for this weekend was driven by Hornish earlier this season at Texas Motor Speedway (started 43rd, finished 19th).
No. 12 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Pit Crew:
- Crew Chief: Matt Gimbel (Northampton, Pa.)
- Team Engineer: Jonathan Hassler (Greencastle, Ind.)
- Car Chief: Tom Clavette (Methuen, Mass.)
- Front-tire Carrier: Jayson Wong (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
- Front-tire Changer: Nick Giambruno (Long Island, N.Y.)
- Jackman: Braxton Brannon (Mooresville, N.C.)
- Rear-tire Carrier: Steve Bailey (Brevard, N.C.)
- Rear-tire Changer: David Woodhead (Montoursville, Pa.)
- Gasman: Chris Moore (Tampa, Fla.)
- Catch Can: Jesse Baker (Radford, Va.)
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2014 Team Penske. All rights reserved.