Briscoe Prepares For Season Finale At Chicago
September 4, 2008
PEAK Antifreeze and Motor Oil Indy 300
Sept. 7, 2008
Television: LIVE 3:30 p.m. ET on ABC
Radio: IMS Radio
Ryan Briscoe, No. 6 Team Penske Dallara/Honda
- Sunday will mark Briscoe’s return to Chicagoland Speedway since 2005, when he was involved in a season-ending accident on the 20th lap of the race.
- Last weekend in Detroit, Briscoe started fifth and finished ninth, marking his tenth top-ten appearance of the season.
- Briscoe has now clinched fifth place in the 2008 IndyCar Series Championship.
- Two weeks ago in Sonoma, Briscoe earned his fourth podium finish of the year with a second-place result. His finish, coupled with teammate Helio Castroneves’ win marked the Team’s second one-two finish this season (the other came in Mid-Ohio) and its 36th in its open-wheel history.
- Earlier this year in Edmonton, Briscoe earned his second pole of the season (and third career) before finishing sixth for his seventh top-ten finish this year.
- This season at Mid-Ohio, Briscoe started second and led twice for a race-high 43 laps on his way to his second career IndyCar Series victory.
- This year in Watkins Glen, Briscoe earned his second career IndyCar Series pole; and led a race-high 37 laps before getting caught up in an incident when the No. 9 car (Dixon) spun in front of him during a caution period and forced him into the pits to repair damage to his front wing. He finished 12th.
- Earlier this season in Milwaukee, Briscoe earned his first IndyCar Series victory and Penske Racing's historic 300th win, after starting 11th and leading twice for a total of 36 laps.
- In the 35 IndyCar Series events Briscoe has driven to date, he’s earned two wins (Milwaukee and Mid-Ohio – 2008), three poles (Edmonton and Watkins Glen – 2008; Sonoma – 2005), six top-five finishes (Watkins Glen – 2006; Indianapolis – 2007; Milwaukee, Texas, Mid-Ohio and Sonoma - 2008), sixteen top-ten finishes and started in the top-ten twenty times.
Team Penske at Chicagoland Speedway:
- While Penske Racing has had considerable success on oval tracks in recent years, the Team has never found victory at Chicagoland Speedway, making it just one of two oval tracks on the 2008 IndyCar Series schedule where the Team has never won (Iowa is the other).
Briscoe on the PEAK Antifreeze and Motor Oil Indy 300:
“This will be my first trip back to Chicagoland Speedway since the accident in 2005. Despite this, I plan on treating it no differently than any other race. The Team was quick at this track last year, so hopefully with the experience I’ve gained on ovals this year, we’ll be able to put together a good run to finish the season on a high note.”
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2015 Team Penske. All rights reserved.