No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Dollar General 300
Charlotte Motor Speedway
Friday, October 12, 2012
TV: ESPN at 7:00 PM ET Radio: PRN/Sirius 90
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-235 during Friday night’s Dollar General 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (CMS). This is a brand new chassis to the No. 22 fleet
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2012... Following 28 points-paying events, the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team sits seventh in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings following a 13th-place finish at Dover International Speedway two weeks ago with driver Ryan Blaney.
• Keselowski Climbing the Charts… By taking the checkered flag in the Indy 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in July, Keselowski tied Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time NNS win list with 20 victories. Keselowski is now one win away from tying NASCAR legends Dale Earnhardt and Harry Gant for 12th place on the list.
• Defending Winner… Keselowski picked up his second NNS victory at CMS – and the 18th of his career – in May of this year. The win was also the first for crew chief Jeremy Bullins. In addition, Keselowski has not finished outside the top 10 in the last nine NNS races at the Concord, N.C. oval. He owns an average finish of 4.6 during that span.
• #PenskePride…Penske Racing’s social media contest, Penske Pride, allows fans to Tweet @PenskeRacing photos showing their support of Penske Racing in unique ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. Winners have received signed merchandise, race tickets, and even the chance to play video games with Brad Keselowski. At the end of the year, Penske Racing will select one photo to be named Photo of the Year. The winner will receive the Ultimate Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver.
• Pick 22 To Win… Discount Tire, America’s largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. At pick22towin.com fans select where Keselowski and his No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger will finish in a designated Nationwide Series race. There are 15 separate Nationwide Series races for fans to participate in for a chance to win free sets of tires and great autographed Brad Keselowski race gear.
Brad Keselowski on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway
“I’ll tell you, Charlotte Motor Speedway has been a really good track for me over the years in the Nationwide Series. It’s just a place that has meshed well with my driving style. We’ve had great cars on the mile-and-a-half tracks since I came to Penske Racing. It has been a cornerstone to the success we have enjoyed and I see no reason that it won’t continue. You always want to run well at Charlotte. You’re racing in front of family and friends, and it’s all about bragging rights for this race. Our Discount Tire Dodge has been really fast all year. I’m confident we can find ourselves in Victory Lane at Charlotte again this weekend.”
Crew chief Jeremy Bullins on this weekend’s race at Charlotte Motor Speedway
“Being a North Carolina native, racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway always meant a great deal to me. With our win there in May, which was my first win as a crew chief, it will mean even more. Hopefully we can make it a clean sweep this Friday. We’re bringing a new Discount Tire Dodge Challenger to the track and we feel like it’s one of the best cars we’ve produced since I’ve been at Penske Racing. Brad’s history at Charlotte, in the Nationwide Series, is spectacular. Put that all together and it’s easy to see why we are all full of confidence for this weekend’s race.”