No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Preview - Kentucky
September 18, 2012
• On Saturday Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger, will make his second NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start at Kentucky Speedway. He finished sixth there in June. Hornish has eight IZOD IndyCar (IICS) starts at Kentucky with his best results being two wins coming in 2003 & 2006
• This weekend the No. 12 Penske Dodge will compete under the Alliance Truck Parts banner. Alliance Truck Parts is the private label brand of Daimler Trucks North America LLC, North America's largest truck manufacturer and a leading producer of medium-duty and specialized commercial vehicles. Find out more at http://www.alliancepartsracing.com/Home.aspx or follow at @allianceparts on Twitter.
• This weekend will mark Hornish's 60th NNS start - he has scored one victory, one pole, 10 top-five and 24 top-10 finishes in series competition
• After 26 races, Hornish and the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge team are ranked fourth in the NNS Championship point standings.
• This weekend the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger will race chassis PRS-231, which Hornish drove to a second-place finish at this year's inaugural Indy 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
• Here's a fun fact - Sam is currently constructing a carriage for his daughter, Addison, who is planning on being a Barbie Princess for Halloween
• Penske Racing has 363 all-time race victories with 101 NASCAR wins and 423 pole positions overall, including 127 NASCAR poles.
• Follow Hornish at @PenskeRacing, @SamHornish, www.penskeracing.com, www.samhornish.com and on Facebook - www.facebook.com/penskeracing and www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Hornish-Jr
• #PenskePride - each race weekend have the opportunity to Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend's Kentucky 300 - "This is just my second Nationwide Series start at Kentucky and I am looking forward to it. We didn't run as well as we would've liked in the first race so we have some work to do. I have had some success here in my IndyCar days so I feel like it is a track where we have potential. The Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger has been showing speed we just have to put it all together and hopefully bring home a solid finish this weekend."
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend's Kentucky 300 - "We had a strong Alliance Truck Parts Dodge at Kentucky earlier this year, but we struggled to hold track position towards the end of the race. The Kentucky track is one of the more difficult tracks to pass on so pit stops and early-run speed are ultra-critical. The Penske Racing crew has been working diligently to give Sam fast race cars, though we have not garnered the results we feel we are capable of. This weekend we need a strong run to start working our way back up the point standings."