No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Team News and Notes
• Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the Penske Racing No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger will make his fifth NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start at Richmond International Raceway (RIR) this weekend. He has six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at the venue and seven IZOD IndyCar Series starts which include two victories (2006 & 2002) and one pole (2005)
• This weekend the No. 12 Penske Dodge will compete under the Alliance Truck Parts banner - Alliance Truck Parts offers a range of new and remanufactured reliable parts and accessories at an affordable price in the commercial transportation industry. Alliance parts are available at more than 800 retail locations, including Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star and Thomas Built Buses dealerships in the U.S. and Canada and Travel Centers of America and Petro locations nationwide
• Hornish and the Alliance Truck Parts Dodge are riding a streak of 12 consecutive top-10 finishes
• Consistency has been a key for Hornish this season as he has completed 4176 of 4178 laps thus far (99.9%)
• Hornish has a total of 57 NNS starts during which he has scored one victory, one pole, 10 top-five and 23 top-10 finishes
• After 24 races Hornish and the Alliance Truck Parts Dodge team are third in the NNS Championship point standings
• Hornish will be competing in both NNS and NASCAR Sprint Cup competition this weekend at RIR; it is his ninth double-duty weekend this season
• This weekend the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger will race with chassis PRS-224 which Hornish drove to a fifth-place finish at RIR in April
• Fun fact - Sam tested Gresham Motorsports Park on Tuesday and Thursday of this week
• Penske Racing has 362 all-time race victories with 100 NASCAR wins and 423 pole positions overall including 127 NASCAR poles
• Follow Hornish at @PenskeRacing, @SamHornish, www.penskeracing.com, www.samhornish.com and the Penske Racing and Sam Hornish, Jr. Facebook pages - www.facebook.com/penskeracing and www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Hornish-Jr
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend's Virginia 529 College 250
"We are really looking forward to the race at Richmond. It is a track that I really enjoy and we have a great package for it. Our Alliance Truck Parts Dodge team ran well here the last couple times out and we feel like we are ready to put it all together and finish up front. Penske Racing has been building great cars for us and we are focused on making a strong effort towards the series championship over the balance of the season."
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend's Virginia 529 College 250
"Richmond is a good track for us as Sam and I seem to work well at finding the balance the car needs in order to be fast around here. The Alliance Truck Parts Dodge has run well at Richmond - we just need to put it all together on Friday night. The one-day show aspect of Richmond presents challenges to crew and driver, but we are up for it and are looking to putting up a strong finish in Friday night's race."