No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Team News and Notes
• Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the Penske Racing No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger, will make his eighth career start at Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS) his best finish - a top-15 - came in the 2007 spring NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) race
• This weekend the No. 12 Penske Dodge will compete under the Alliance Truck Parts banner - Alliance Truck Parts offers a range of new and remanufactured reliable parts and accessories at an affordable price in the commercial transportation industry. Alliance parts are available at more than 800 retail locations, including Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star and Thomas Built Buses dealerships in the U.S. and Canada and Travel Centers of America and Petro locations nationwide
• Hornish and the Alliance Truck Parts Dodge are on a streak of 11 consecutive top-10 finishes
• Hornish has 56 career NNS starts. He has scored one victory, one pole, 10 top-five and 22 top-10 finishes since his NNS debut in 2006
• It will be a busy weekend for Hornish as he will once again be competing in both the NNS and NSCS events
• After 23 races Hornish and the Alliance Truck Parts Dodge team are third in the NNS Championship point standings.
• This weekend the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger will race chassis PRS -224 which last saw action at Michigan where Sam drove it to a sixth-place finish
• Consistency has been a key for Hornish this season as he has completed 3981 of 3983 laps thus far (99.9%)
• Fun fact - Sam's childhood hero was Rick Mears
• Penske Racing has 362 all-time race victories with 100 NASCAR wins and 422 pole positions overall including 127 NASCAR poles
• Follow Hornish at @PenskeRacing, @SamHornish, www.penskeracing.com, www.samhornish.com and the Penske Racing and Sam Hornish, Jr. Facebook pages - www.facebook.com/penskeracing and www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Hornish-Jr
• #PenskePride - each race weekend have the opportunity to Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend's NRA American Warrior 300
"We are looking forward to racing the Alliance Truck Parts Dodge at Atlanta this weekend - it has been a couple of years since I've raced there and it will be good to get back. I'm excited about driving one of the fastest tracks on the NASCAR circuit as our Penske Dodge Challengers have been getting stronger as the season progresses. Hopefully the weather cooperates so we can put on a great race for the fans."
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend's NRA American Warrior 300
"Atlanta is a great place to race and our Alliance Truck Parts Dodge should be strong there. Sam has been consistently improving throughout the year as we give him better Dodge Challengers. This track surface will provide challenges and opportunities and we are looking forward to bringing home another top finish on Saturday night."