No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
NRA American Warrior 300
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Saturday, September 1, 2012
TV: ESPN2 at 6:30 PM ET Radio: PRN/Sirius 90
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-228 during Saturday’s NRA American Warrior 300 at Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS). Parker Kligerman last raced this chassis to a seventh-place finish at Chicagoland Speedway in July.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2012... Following 23 points-paying events, the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team sits sixth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings following a 32nd-place finish at Bristol Motor Speedway with driver Keselowski.
• Keselowski Climbing the Charts… By taking the checkered flag in the Indy 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway last month, Keselowski tied Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time NNS win list with 20 victories. Keselowski is now one win away from tying NASCAR legends Dale Earnhardt and Harry Gant for 12th place on the list.
• Keselowski Speedway Stats…In 125 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated 14 wins, 56 top-five finishes, 78 top-10 results and nine pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 2,229 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
• Meet Brad… Keselowski will make a public appearance at the Discount Tire store located at 11345 Tara Blvd. in Hampton, Ga. Beginning at 4 pm on Thursday, August 30th.
• #PenskePride…Penske Racing is asking fans to show their Penske Pride through a unique social media contest that will last for the balance of the 2012 season. Through the #PenskePride contest, each race weekend fans will Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver.
• Pick 22 To Win… Discount Tire, America’s largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. At pick22towin.com fans select where Keselowski and his No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger will finish in a designated Nationwide Series race. There are 15 separate Nationwide Series races for fans to participate in for a chance to win free sets of tires and great autographed Brad Keselowski race gear.
Brad Keselowski on why he likes racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway
“Atlanta is a place I knew I would like after my first lap on the track. The sensation of speed you get through the corner in a Nationwide Series car is pretty unbelievable. That’s one thing that amazes people every time I tell them that a Nationwide Series car – through the corners – is faster than a Cup Series car. Whether you are running the top, the bottom or the middle, Atlanta is all about speed. Hopefully we can get the Discount Tire Dodge team back on track there this weekend. We have a pretty bad taste in our mouths after Bristol. The best way to get rid of that would be to take it to Victory Lane this weekend.”
Crew chief Jeremy Bullins on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway
“Personally I am really looking forward to taking the Discount Tire Dodge to Atlanta this weekend. Atlanta is one of the last of the classic tracks where the tires fall off every lap. Even though the aero side is still important, mechanical grip still plays a huge role in going fast there. To me it’s one of the best races of the year because if you have a good car, or a tire advantage, you can pass a lot of cars and it brings different pit strategies into play because of that. We’ll work on giving Brad the best handling car we can to keep us up front at the end.”