No. 12 Detroit Genuine Parts Dodge Preview - Food City 250
August 21, 2012
• Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the Penske Racing No. 12 Detroit Genuine Parts Dodge Challenger, will make his 23rd start of the 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season Friday night in the Food City 250 at Bristol Motor Speedway (BMS)
• This weekend the No. 12 Penske Dodge will compete under the Detroit Genuine Parts banner - Engineered for exceptional performance, Detroit Genuine Parts are the best way to maintain the high quality and expertise you count on from Detroit. Whether it's a new or remanufactured part, Detroit Genuine Parts precisely fit your engine, axles and transmission http://www.demanddetroit.com
• Hornish and the Detroit Genuine Parts Dodge are on a streak of four consecutive top-three finishes
• Hornish's return to Bristol represents his ninth start at the venue. He has two NNS and six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at the "World's Fastest Half-Mile" with his best finish a 13th in the NNS event earlier this season
• Hornish has 55 NNS starts. He has scored one victory, one pole, 10 top-five and 21 top-10 finishes
• It will be another very busy weekend for Hornish as he will be competing in both the NNS and NSCS events
• After 22 races Hornish and the Detroit Genuine Parts Dodge team are second in the NNS Championship point standings.
• This weekend the No. 12 Detroit Genuine Parts Dodge Challenger will race chassis PRS -229 which Hornish drove to a sixth-place finish at Kentucky in the June race earlier this year
• Consistency has been a key for Hornish this season as he has completed 3731 of 3733 laps thus far (99.9%)
• Fun fact - Sam's favorite charity is The Shriners Hospital for Children
• Penske Racing has 361 all-time race victories with 100 NASCAR wins and 421 pole positions overall including 127 NASCAR poles
• Follow Hornish at @PenskeRacing, @SamHornish, www.penskeracing.com, www.samhornish.com and the Penske Racing and Sam Hornish, Jr. Facebook pages - www.facebook.com/penskeracing and www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Hornish-Jr
• #PenskePride - each race weekend have the opportunity to Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend's Food City 250
"This trip to Bristol will be interesting after they made changes to the track since the last time we were there. During the previous race there we learned some things that should be useful this weekend even with the different surface. The Detroit Genuine Parts Dodge team has been outstanding in every way lately and we feel we have been consistently positioning ourselves for top finishes. Bristol is always a great place to race and I am looking forward to another solid weekend."
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend's Food City 250
"We were a little better than where we finished in the spring Bristol race. The track has taken some steps to change the racing surface, in hopes of making more racing action, so it should be interesting. Everyone brings their A-game to Bristol, as it is one of the most fun places we race at. Sam and the Detroit Genuine Parts team look to master the challenges of Bristol this Friday night."