No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Preview - Montreal
August 14, 2012
Photo courtesy of Autostock
No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Team News and Notes
• Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger, will make his 22nd start of the 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season Saturday afternoon in the NAPA Auto Parts 200 presented by Dodge
• This weekend the No. 12 Penske Dodge will once again feature Alliance Truck Parts as its primary sponsor - Alliance Truck Parts offers a range of new and remanufactured reliable parts and accessories at an affordable price to the commercial transportation industry. Alliance parts are available at more than 800 retail locations, including Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star and Thomas Built Buses dealerships in the U.S. and Canada and Travel Centers of America and Petro locations nationwide
• Hornish's only previous start at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve came in 1999 in the Toyota Atlantic Series
• Hornish will be doing double-duty this weekend driving in the Nationwide Series race at Montreal and then the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Michigan (Parker Kligerman will practice and qualify the No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil Dodge)
• Hornish and the Alliance Truck Parts Dodge are on a streak of three consecutive top-three finishes
• Hornish has 54 NNS starts. He has scored one victory, one pole, nine top-five and 20 top-10 finishes
• After 21 races Hornish and the Alliance Truck Parts Dodge team are third in the NNS Championship point standings.
• This weekend the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger will race with chassis PRS-220 which Hornish drove to a fifth-place finish at Elkhart Lake earlier this year
• Consistency has been a key for Hornish this season as he has completed 3650 of 3652 laps thus far (99.9%)
• Fun fact - Sam earned his first-ever NASCAR pole last weekend at Watkins Glen International
• Penske Racing has 361 all-time race victories with 100 NASCAR wins and 421 pole positions overall including 127 NASCAR poles
• Follow Hornish at @PenskeRacing, @SamHornish, www.penskeracing.com, www.samhornish.com and the Penske Racing Facebook page - www.facebook.com/penskeracing and www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Hornish-Jr
• #PenskePride - each race weekend fans will have the opportunity to Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend's NAPA Auto Parts 200 presented by Dodge
"Our Penske Dodge Challengers have been very strong all season, and especially on the road courses. The team has been executing well in the pits and building great race cars. The Alliance Truck Parts Dodge should be fast at Montreal and it will be fun to drive there again. We had a great race last weekend - we made up some ground in the points battle and we are well positioned to repeat that feat again in Canada."
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend's NAPA Auto Parts 200 presented by Dodge
"Montreal is always a fun venue for the Nationwide series. We were really glad to see the race stay on the schedule this season. The Alliance Truck Parts team had a very strong run last season in Montreal and Sam has been driving very well on this type of circuit. We would love to bring home a checkered flag in the last road race of the season."