No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger Preview-Great Clips 300
August 31, 2011
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Great Clips 300
Atlanta Motor Speedway
September 3, 2011
TV: ESPN2 at 7:30 PM ET Radio: PRN/Sirius 90 at 7:00 PM ET
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-214 during Saturday’s Great Clips 300 at Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS). Keselowski drove this chassis to a 27th-place finish at Darlington Raceway in May.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2011... After 24 events, Keselowski and the reigning NNS champion No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team are ranked seventh in the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings. The team is coming off a ninth-place finish in the Food City 250 last weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway as Parker Kligerman filled in for Keselowski behind the wheel.
• The Champ is Back… Keselowski will return to the seat of the Discount Tire Dodge this weekend at AMS for the first time since suffering back and ankle injuries in a testing accident at Road Atlanta on Wednesday, August 3. During Keselowski’s recovery, Penske Racing has shown incredible depth with drivers Kurt Busch, Sam Hornish Jr., Jacques Villeneuve and Parker Kligerman combining for one win, two pole positions and two top-10 finishes in the No. 22 machine.
• Keselowski Speedway Stats… In 93 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated six wins, 39 top-five finishes, 56 top-10 results and five pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 1,117 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length..
• Follow Brad on Twitter… Fans can follow Keselowski on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/keselowski. Followers can get a glimpse inside his everyday life while keeping up-to-date on the latest Cup Series and Nationwide Series news for the Penske Racing driver.
Meet Brad…Keselowski will be making an appearance at the Discount Tire store located at 11345 Tara Blvd. in Hampton, Ga. on Friday, September 2 beginning at 2:30 p.m. ET.
Brad Keselowski on why he likes racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway
“Atlanta is a place I knew I would like after my first lap on the track. The sensation of speed you get through the corner in a Nationwide Series car is pretty unbelievable. That’s one thing that amazes people every time I tell them that a Nationwide Series car – through the corners – is faster than a Cup Series car. Whether you are running the top, the bottom or the middle, Atlanta is all about speed.”
Brad Keselowski on returning to the Nationwide Series after his injury
“It was really important for me to return to the Nationwide Series this season. I know there are a lot of people who think it may be a bad idea, but I am a man of my word. I made a promise to everyone on my team that I would be behind the wheel of the Discount Tire Dodge. We’re in a pretty good spot as far as the Chase is concerned so this is a good time to go back to the Nationwide Series. My injuries are feeling better every day and the extra seat time should benefit both teams.”
Crew chief Todd Gordon on getting Brad Keselowski back behind the wheel
“These last four weeks have very interesting for me. On one hand, my driver was on the sidelines with an injury and my thoughts were with him, as much as they could be. On the other hand, I had the opportunity to work with four outstanding racecar drivers. I feel that’s made me a better, more well-rounded crew chief. I appreciate Kurt (Busch), Sam (Hornish), Jacques (Villeneuve) and Parker (Kligerman) filling in. We had some strong runs with those guys and I think Brad can come back this weekend and put the Discount Tire machine in Victory Lane.”