No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Preview-Subway Jalapeno 250
June 29, 2011
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Subway Jalapeno 250
Daytona International Speedway
July 1, 2011
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… The Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-205 during Friday’s Subway Jalapeno 250 at Daytona International Speedway. Keselowski last drove this chassis to a fourth-place finish at Talladega Superspeedway in April.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2011... After 16 events, Brad Keselowski and the reigning champion No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team are ranked ninth in the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings. The team is coming off a third-place finish in the Bucyrus 200 last weekend at Road America with Jacques Villeneuve, who filled in for Keselowski behind the wheel.
• See Brad on “Trackside Live” on SPEED… Keselowski will be a guest of the popular SPEED Channel show, “Trackside Live” from Talladega on Friday evening. The show will air at 7 pm ET.
• Keselowski Restrictor-Plate Stats… In 24 restrictor-plate starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated one win, four top-five finishes, six top-10 results and one pole award. In addition, he has led the field for 123 laps at Talladega Superspeedway and Daytona International Speedway.
• Follow Brad on Twitter… Fans can now follow Keselowski on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/keselowski. Followers can get a glimpse inside his everyday life while keeping up-to-date on the latest Cup Series and Nationwide Series news for the Penske Racing driver.
• Meet Brad Keselowski… Keselowski will make a public appearance at the Discount Tire store located at 1051 Beville Road in Daytona Beach, Fla., on Thursday, June 29 beginning at 1 p.m. ET.
Brad Keselowski on racing at Daytona International Speedway
“There are a lot of things that I’m proud to have accomplished since I began running in the Nationwide Series, but I haven’t been able to win at Daytona. If there is one goal that I still have, it’s a Daytona win. I’ve had cars capable of winning on several occasions. That is encouraging because I feel that if we keep putting ourselves in position to win, we’ll get there. We had a fast car in February and got caught up in an accident. This Discount Tire Dodge team is capable of winning on any given weekend. Hopefully we can break through on Friday night.”
Brad Keselowski on racing on the Fourth of July weekend
“There are few holidays that speak to the American spirit more than the Fourth of July. It’s definitely one of those days that bring friends and families together. As a kid, I remember my family getting together and watching the (Coke Zero) 400. It might not have the tradition of the Daytona 500 or Southern 500, but this race and this date on the schedule is every bit as important to the series as those events. It’s one of my favorite races of the year because it’s a time to have some fun, while remembering those who have sacrificed so much for our freedom.”
Crew chief Todd Gordon on preparing for this week’s race at Daytona International Speedway
“After our fourth-place run at Talladega earlier this year, I’m ready to get back down to Daytona. We’ve massaged on that Talladega car a bit – I feel like we’ve made some gains – and we’re taking it this weekend. The two-car draft is going to be a huge part of the racing again. It’s almost like we’re going stag to the prom since we’ll be down there without a teammate. But there will be plenty of good cars with odd numbers of teammates too. They know Brad is a good plate racer, so we shouldn’t have a problem finding someone to work with. We’ll just have to see how the race plays out. There are always surprises on the restrictor-plate tracks.”