No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Top Gear 300
Charlotte Motor Speedway
May 28, 2011
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… The Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-211 during Saturday’s Top Gear 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. This is a new chassis to the No. 22 fleet.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2011... After 12 events, Brad Keselowski and the reigning champion No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team sit ninth in the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings. The team is coming off a third-place finish in the John Deere Dealers 250 last Sunday at Iowa Speedway.
• Former Winner... After starting from the third position in the most recent Nationwide Series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway last season, Keselowski led 46 laps en route to his 11th series victory.
• Keselowski Speedway Stats… In 87 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated five wins, 38 top-five finishes, 52 top-10 results and four pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 995 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
• Follow Brad on Twitter… Fans can now follow Keselowski on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/keselowski. Followers can get a glimpse inside his everyday life while keeping up-to-date on the latest Cup Series and Nationwide Series news for the Penske Racing driver.
• Race for the Checkered Flag… On Memorial Day, May 30, Keselowski will host the inaugural Race for the Checkered Flag charity bicycle event that will benefit the Checkered Flag Foundation. The event will start and end at Penske Racing team headquarters in Mooresville, NC, and will feature rides of varying lengths, including a competitive option and a team challenge. For more information visit www.checkeredflagfoundation.org.
Brad Keselowski on returning to Charlotte Motor Speedway as the most recent NNS winner
“The last Nationwide Series race at Charlotte was very memorable for everyone on the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team. It was a tight race for most of the race, but we were able to pull away for a pretty sizeable margin at the checkered flag. Every driver wants to win at Charlotte. That was definitely a goal of mine and it meant a lot to be able to cross it off the list. I remember that being a fun Victory Lane celebration. We haven’t won yet in 2011, but we keep inching closer and closer to it every week. Back-to-back Charlotte wins would be awesome.”
Crew chief Todd Gordon on preparing for this weekend’s Top Gear 300
“I really feel that we are as prepared for this weekend’s race at Charlotte as any race this year. We had very solid races at Las Vegas and Texas earlier this season, plus we have last year’s notebook from Brad’s win. That race was at night and this one is an afternoon start, so the track will be hotter and slicker than in October. We’ll have to make those necessary adjustments to keep the car turning well in the middle of the corner, without giving up stability on corner entry.”