No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Preview-John Deere Dealers 250
May 18, 2011
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
John Deere Dealers 250 powered by Pioneer
May 22, 2011
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… The Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-207 during Sunday’s John Deere Dealers 250 at Iowa Speedway. Keselowski drove this chassis to a third-place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in March.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2011... After 11 events, Brad Keselowski and the reigning champion No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team sit 10th in the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings. The team is coming off a 12th-place finish in the 5-Hour Energy 200 last Saturday at Dover International Speedway.
• Former Winner... After starting from the pole in the 2009 inaugural Nationwide Series race at Iowa Speedway, Keselowski led 121 laps en route to his fourth series victory. Keselowski considers this win to be one of the highlights of his racing career.
• Keselowski Short Track Stats… In 29 short track starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated four wins, 13 top-five finishes, 18 top-10 results and two pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 651 laps at tracks less than one mile in length.
• Follow Brad on Twitter… Fans can now follow Keselowski on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/keselowski. Followers can get a glimpse inside his everyday life while keeping up-to-date on the latest Cup Series and Nationwide Series news for the Penske Racing driver.
• Race for the Checkered Flag… On Memorial Day, May 30, Keselowski will host the inaugural Race for the Checkered Flag charity bicycle event that will benefit the Checkered Flag Foundation. The event will start and end at Penske Racing team headquarters in Mooresville, NC, and will feature rides of varying lengths, including a competitive option and a team challenge. For more information visit www.checkeredflagfoundation.org.
Brad Keselowski on racing at Iowa Speedway
“Iowa is a great facility and this race is one that I really look forward to. For one, the layout is almost perfect for stock car racing. They also get tremendous fan support there. As a driver, you love to walk out for driver introductions and see full grandstands. It’s validation that people enjoy what we do. I was fortunate to win the first Nationwide Series race at Iowa. No matter what I do as a driver from now on, that win at Iowa will always be one of my favorites. Now the goal is to become the first two-time winner in the history of Iowa Speedway.”
Brad Keselowski on winning the inaugural race at Iowa Speedway in 2009
“From the moment it was announced that the Nationwide Series would race at Iowa, I circled that date on the schedule. It became a really important race for me. There was going to be only one inaugural winner of that race and I wanted to be that driver. It came down to Kyle (Busch) and I at the end and I believe we put on a good show for the fans over the final laps of the race. I only display a few of my trophies in my house and that Iowa trophy is one of them. I feel like my No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger team can give me a car that I can drive to Victory Lane again.”
Crew chief Todd Gordon on preparing a car for Iowa Speedway
“Iowa is very similar to Richmond in layout, but it’s just a little bigger. We were able to get out of Richmond with a top-five finish and I believe we have made improvements to our car since that race. Brad is very good on these types of tracks. They fit his driving style very well. It’s a multi-groove racetrack where you can really attack the corners. The key is maintaining good forward bite off of the turns. If we can do that I’m confident that Brad can win another race at Iowa.”