No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Preview-5-Hour Energy 200
May 11, 2011
No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger
5-Hour Energy 200
Dover International Speedway
May 14, 2011
No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… The Penske Racing Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-215 during Saturday’s 5-Hour Energy 200 at Dover International Speedway. This is a rebuilt PRS-716 Cup Series chassis from 2010.
• The No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger in 2011... After 10 events, Brad Keselowski and the reigning champion No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger team sit 10th in the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings. The team is coming off a 27th-place finish in the Royal Purple 200 last Friday at Darlington Raceway.
• Top-10 Streak... Keselowski counts Dover among his better tracks and it’s easy to see why. In between his first start at the track in the spring of 2007 and his last start in the fall race last year, Keselowski put together a string of six consecutive top-10 finishes. He has completed every lap of competition over the last nine races at the “Monster Mile.”
• 150 and Counting… This weekend’s NNS race at Dover will mark the 150th series start for Keselowski. In the previous 149 starts, Keselowski has accumulated 12 wins. 64 top-five finishes, 89 top-10 results and eight pole awards.
• Keselowski Speedway Stats… In 86 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated five wins, 38 top-five finishes, 52 top-10 results and four pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 987 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
• Follow Brad on Twitter… Fans can now follow Keselowski on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/keselowski. Followers can get a glimpse inside his everyday life while keeping up-to-date on the latest Cup Series and Nationwide Series news for the Penske Racing driver.
• Race for the Checkered Flag… On Memorial Day, May 30th, Keselowski will hold the inaugural Race for the Checkered Flag charity bicycle race that will benefit the Checkered Flag Foundation. The event will start and end at the Penske Racing team headquarters in Mooresville, NC, and will feature rides of varying lengths, including a competitive option and a team challenge. For more information visit www.checkeredflagfoundation.org.
Brad Keselowski on racing at the “Monster Mile”
“I don’t think Dover gets the recognition that it deserves. It’s a nasty racetrack and I mean that in a good way. Very few tracks are as physically demanding as Dover. It’s hard on both the drivers and the equipment. At no point during the race can you just log laps because, if you aren’t racing another driver, you are making sure that you keep your car out of the wall. For that reason, Dover is one of my favorite tracks. I was able to win there last year and we are running well enough that we can win this week, too.”
Crew chief Todd Gordon on preparing a car for Dover International Speedway
“You don’t get much of a break when you go from Darlington to Dover. Dover is another very tough racetrack and it’s similar to Darlington in that you have to race the track first and the other competitors second. Track position is important, so you have to place more of an emphasis on qualifying. The track will change a lot throughout the race so the biggest concern is making sure you keep up with that through your adjustments. This is one of Brad’s favorite tracks and we would like to tame the ‘Monster Mile’ this weekend.”