No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger
Kansas Lottery 300
October 2, 2010
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger News and Notes
• This Week’s Charger… The No. 22 Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-030 during Saturday’s Kansas Lottery 300 at Kansas Speedway. Keselowski last drove this chassis to a seventh-place finish at Dover International Speedway in May.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger in 2010... After 28 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver point standings by 320 points over second-place contender Carl Edwards. Keselowski has led the standings since his win at Talladega Superspeedway in April.
• Adding to the Record... By taking the checkered flag in the last Nationwide Series race at Dover International Speedway, Keselowski extended his NASCAR record with his 95th consecutive Nationwide Series race without a DNF (Did Not Finish).
• Series Leader… Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (19), top-10 finishes (22) and laps completed in 2010. He has completed all but one of the 5,134 laps contested this season and has led the field for 957 of those circuits.
• Keselowski Speedway Stats… In 75 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated three wins, 29 top-five finishes, 43 top-10 finishes and four pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 791 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
• Ruby Tuesday Race to the Championship… To highlight the run to the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series championship by Keselowski and the No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger team, Ruby Tuesday has launched the “Race to the Championship Sweepstakes.” Race fans can visit www.rubytuesdayracing.com for a chance to win a 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T to be given away at the NASCAR season-finale weekend at the Homestead-Miami Speedway, November 19-21.
Brad Keselowski on attempting to win the Nationwide Series driver and owner points titles in 2010
“We’re in a unique position this year where we are racing one driver and team for the driver points championship and another for the owner points championship. It’s exciting to be in the hunt for any title, but it is a goal of ours to do everything we can to win both. It’s not going to be easy because both drivers and teams are very good, but I believe in my guys here on the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge team. This Nationwide Series title is one of the three titles that Penske Racing can capture this year. It’s very cool to be a part of something like that. We could make history this year. I’m going to do all I can – and I know my team will, too – to hold up our end of the bargain.”
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on Kansas Speedway
“This week is a very important race for us. We are going down to Kansas ‘loaded for bear.’ We didn’t have the race that we needed last week at Dover and need to get back on track this weekend to gain back the points we lost in both the driver and owner standings. Earlier in the year we were really strong on the mile-and-a-half tracks, but we haven’t been to Kansas yet this year. It’s a smooth, fast racetrack. Where it looks similar to Chicago, it’s much easier on equipment. Chicago has a rough surface where you worry about ride quality. At Kansas you focus on speed and balance. We’ll take something from our notes package from Auto Club Speedway and try to get back to Victory Lane.”