No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Montreal Preview
August 24, 2010
Photo courtesy of Autostock
No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger News and Notes
• This Week’s Charger… The No. 22 Penske Racing Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-036 during Sunday’s Napa Auto Parts 200 presented by Dodge at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. Keselowski last drove this chassis to a fourth-place finish at Watkins Glen International earlier this month.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger in 2010... After 24 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver point standings by 313 points over second-place contender Carl Edwards. Keselowski has led the standings since his win at Talladega Superspeedway in April.
• Adding to the Record... By taking the checkered flag in last Friday’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway, Keselowski extended his NASCAR record with his 91st consecutive Nationwide Series race without a DNF (Did Not Finish).
• Series Leader… Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (17), top-10 finishes (20) and laps completed in 2010. He has completed all but one of the 4,412 laps contested this season and has led the field for 917 of those circuits.
• Keselowski 2010 Road Course Stats… In two road course starts in 2010, Keselowski has garnered a pair of fourth-place finishes at Road America and Watkins Glen International, respectively. He has an average starting position of 10.5 and has scored a total of 320 points in those two starts.
• Keselowski Career Road Course Stats… Keselowski made his first career road course start at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico City in 2007. After motor issues forced him out of that race on the first lap, he has completed every lap competed since in Nationwide Series road course events. In eight total starts, Keselowski owns three top-five finishes and six top-10 finishes. He owns three consecutive top-five finishes in road course competition in the Nationwide Series.
Brad Keselowski on why he likes racing in the “Great White North”
“I love racing in Montreal because the fans are very engaging up there. They are a unique group of fans that give the race a different feel. They enjoy things about racing that may be a little different than we do here in the States. It’s a good bet that it will rain at some point during the weekend. If it does, those fans go crazy because they like seeing us put those rain tires on and do something that is out of the norm for stock car racing. That’s cool! They are diehard fans and I look forward to going up there for a nice, stand alone event for the Nationwide Series.”
Brad Keselowski on his improved road racing skill set
“It helps when you have good cars on the road courses and over the years my cars have gotten better. A lot of that is because my communication to Paul (Wolfe, crew chief) has improved as I keep getting experience on the road courses. It’s all about getting seat time. Running in the Cup Series has helped me become an even better road course racer. Kurt (Busch) and Sam (Hornish Jr.) are two guys that I’ve been able to learn a lot from. I enjoy doing it and I’m looking forward to another good run in the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger this weekend.”
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
“We’ve been very strong on the road courses this season and that’s something I’m proud of. Both Brad and I are still learning what we need to turn left and right. Hopefully we can qualify a little better in Montreal than we have at Road America and Watkins Glen because every position is so important in road course racing. It’s very hard to win if you don’t start inside one of the top two or three rows. Once the race begins, I feel confident in our race setup and in our driver. If we can help him out in qualifying I think we can go up there and get Brad his first road course win.”