No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger
Food City 250
Bristol Motor Speedway
August 20, 2010
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger News and Notes
• This Week’s Charger… The No. 22 Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-204 during Friday night’s Food City 250 at Bristol Motor Speedway (BMS). This is a brand-new chassis to the No. 22 stable.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger in 2010... After 23 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver point standings by 347 points over second-place contender Carl Edwards. Keselowski has led the standings since his win at Talladega Superspeedway in April.
• Adding to the Record... By taking the checkered flag in last Saturday’s race at Michigan International Speedway, Keselowski extended his NASCAR record with his 90th consecutive Nationwide Series race without a DNF (Did Not Finish).
• Series Leader… Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (17), top-10 finishes (20) and laps completed in 2010. He has completed all but one of the 4,162 laps contested this season and has led the field for 855 of those circuits.
• Former Winner… After starting the 2008 edition of this race from the 37th position, Keselowski calmly worked his way through the field to lead 24 laps en route to the second win of his career. In the last six Nationwide Series races at BMS, Keselowski has finished outside the top-10 only once.
Brad Keselowski on the success of Dodge in the Nationwide Series in 2010
“The success of Dodge in the Nationwide Series is a breath of fresh air for several reasons. It means a lot to the sport to have all of the manufacturers running competitively. I believe that Dodge is getting as much out of their motorsports program as they have since they came back in. I feel proud to be a part of that, especially since my family has enjoyed a long relationship with the Dodge brand. To be in position to give them their first Nationwide Series championship is very cool. It’s easy to forget that this No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team is still in its first year together.”
Brad Keselowski on short-track racing in the Nationwide Series
“I think the Nationwide Series, in general, has more success on short tracks. We seem to draw our biggest crowds and put on our best shows when we are turning laps one mile and under in length. I think we all enjoy it and would like to see that side of our sport grow. Personally, I love racing on short tracks, Bristol in particular. Justin (Allgaier) and I ran one-two there in the spring and put on, in my opinion, a good race for the fans. That’s just the type of racing that Bristol promotes and this weekend of night racing is unlike any other.”
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on Michigan International Speedway
“I feel like every time we go back to a track for the second time we give Brad a better car. We have a good baseline with our No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger that we can adapt to many tracks. That’s a big deal. We’re taking the same car we won the pole and finished second with in the spring race at Bristol. It hasn’t seen the track since then. If we can dodge the wrecks we should be in contention for the win.”