Parker Kligerman NNS Chicagoland Speedway Preview
July 7, 2010
No. 42 Team 42 Racing Dodge Charger
Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola
July 9, 2010
Team 42 Racing News and Notes
• Parker Kligerman, driver of the Team 42 Racing Dodge Charger in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, will attempt to make his first NASCAR start at Chicagoland Speedway this weekend in the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola. Kligerman has one previous start at Chicago in the ARCA RE/MAX Series (September, 2009) where he started fourth and finished 17th at the 1.5-mile oval.
• Last weekend, Kligerman scored the outside pole position for the Nationwide Series race at Daytona International Speedway in the No. 26 Dodge Challenger. After starting the race from the second position, Kligerman secured a 13th-place finish at the famed superspeedway.
• Last October, Kligerman had a memorable Nationwide Series debut behind the wheel of the No. 22 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Charger at Kansas Speedway. Kligerman won the pole for the Kansas Lottery 300 and led the first seven laps of the race before earning an impressive 16th-place result.
• Kligerman finished second in the 2009 ARCA RE/MAX Series championship, as he came up just five points shy of the series title. He won series Rookie of the Year honors and led the circuit with nine victories as he posted 14 top-five and 18 top-10 finishes in 21 races.
• Kligerman, a native of Westport, Conn., is attending college at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and is planning a course of study in Business Marketing.
• Follow Kligerman on Twitter at @pkligerman. Check out Kligerman on Facebook and visit his official website at www.parkerkligerman.com to learn more about the up-and-coming NASCAR driver.
Parker Kligerman Quote
What are your thoughts about this weekend’s Nationwide Series race at Chicagoland Speedway?
“I’m always excited to get to the race track, but I’m even more excited this weekend because I’ve had the opportunity to compete at Chicagoland Speedway in the ARCA RE/MAX Series. I enjoy Chicago; it’s unique and definitely fast compared to other intermediate tracks. It’s high-banked which creates a lot of side-by-side racing. I would definitely consider it a driver’s race track.
“I’m looking forward to competing in the Team 42 Dodge alongside crew chief Chris Carrier. Everyone’s been working really hard and we’ve made some significant improvements across the board. Hopefully, we’ll be able to build upon the success we had last weekend in Daytona.”
Crew Chief Chris Carrier Quote
What are your thoughts for this weekend’s race at Chicagoland Speedway?
“I’m really looking forward to this weekend’s race at Chicagoland Speedway. It is a neat, fast race track. We ran the ARCA RE/MAX Series program with Parker at Chicago last year and we are excited to get back. Last week at Daytona was a positive experience for all of us and we are going to carry that momentum forward. The troops over at Team 42 have been working hard these last couple of weeks and we are all excited to return to the race track with Parker behind the wheel.”