Parker Kligerman NNS Daytona International Speedway Preview
June 29, 2010
No. 26 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Daytona International Speedway
Subway Jalapeno 250 powered by Coca-Cola
July 2, 2010
No. 26 Discount Tire Dodge Team News and Notes
• Parker Kligerman, driver of the No. 26 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger, will attempt to make his first NASCAR start at Daytona International Speedway this weekend in the Subway Jalapeno 250 powered by Coca-Cola. Kligerman has one previous start at Daytona in the ARCA RE/MAX Series (February, 2009) where he started 30th and finished seventh at the 2.5-mile tri-oval.
• On October 3, 2009, Kligerman had a memorable Nationwide Series debut behind the wheel of the No. 22 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Charger at Kansas Speedway. Kligerman won the pole for the Kansas Lottery 300 and led the first seven laps of the race before earning an impressive 16th-place result.
• Kligerman finished second in the 2009 ARCA RE/MAX Series championship, as he came up just five points shy of the series title. He won series Rookie of the Year honors and led the circuit with nine victories as he posted 14 top-five and 18 top-10 finishes in 21 races.
• Kligerman, a native of Westport, Conn., is attending college at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and is planning a course of study in Business Marketing.
• Follow Kligerman on Twitter at @pkligerman. Check out Kligerman on Facebook and visit his official website at www.parkerkligerman.com to learn more about the up-and-coming NASCAR driver.
• Kligerman will be on hand for a Nationwide Series autograph session prior to the start of Friday night’s race in the Fanzone at Daytona from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. EDT.
Parker Kligerman Quote
What are your thoughts about this weekend’s race with the new Dodge Challenger in the Nationwide Series?
“I’m really excited to have the opportunity to race the new Dodge Challenger this weekend with Discount Tire on the car. I have to thank Paul Wolfe, Chris Carrier and the entire No. 22 team for their help in preparing for this weekend. Although I have not turned any laps in the Challenger yet, I am looking forward to being a part of the first race with the new car and the last race before the repaving of the track surface at Daytona. The track has a lot of character and I think this will be the last race where the racing feels like a speedway event over a superspeedway race. I’m so glad to be a part of it and hope to have a strong showing on Friday in the Discount Tire Dodge Challenger.”
Crew Chief Chris Carrier Quote
What are your thoughts for this weekend’s race at Daytona International Speedway?
“I am looking forward to the Nationwide Series race at Daytona for several reasons. First of all, it is the first race for the ‘cool generation’ car, which is historic in itself. Also, it will be the last race at Daytona on the existing surface before repaving begins later this year. This race track has a lot of character. It is bumpy, rough, slick and hard on tires. With the unknowns of a new race car, the race should be interesting. Parker has shown a lot of speedway racing savvy in his young career, and I know he loves challenges. Stay tuned!”