No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger
Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500
Sunday, October 7, 2012
TV: ESPN at 1:00 PM ET Radio: MRN/Sirius Channel 90
No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger News and Notes
• This Week’s Charger… The No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger team will race chassis PRS-644 during Sunday’s Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500 at Talladega Superspeedway. This chassis is new to the No. 2 fleet.
• No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger in 2012… After three races in the 2012 Chase for the Championship, including two victories, one at Chicagoland and then last weekend at Dover, Keselowski and the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge team lead the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) driver and owner point standings by five points over Jimmie Johnson.
• Most-Recent Winner... In the most-recent visit to Talladega in May, Keselowski scored his second career NSCS victory at the 2.66-mile superspeedway in the Aaron’s 499. The victory marked the sixth of his career and the second of the 2012 season. Keselowski also owns a NASCAR Nationwide Series victory at the Alabama oval, one of only 10 drivers to claim victories in both series at the famed venue.
• Talladega Walk of Fame Inductee… On Friday night, Keselowski will be inducted into the Talladega Walk of Fame, along with inactive driver Bill Rexford. The induction ceremony is open to the public and will take place at the Davey Allison Memorial Park in Talladega, Ala. At 7 pm.
• Big Screen Gamer… On Tuesday afternoon, Keselowski and eight lucky fans were able to preview the new NASCAR The Game: Inside Line on the world’s largest HDTV at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The eight fans squared off in a bracket-style tournament with the winner, Josh Bralley, facing Keselowski in the championship. All eight finalists will also receive two tickets to the Bank of America 500 on Oct. 13.
• Have a Beer with Brad… Keselowski will make a Miller Lite appearance at Montana’s Bar and Grill located at 75023 Highway 77 in Lincoln, Ala. on Friday night, October 5, at 8 pm ET.
• It’s Miller Time… The featured tag line on the rear bumper of the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge this weekend at Talladega is “It’s Miller Time.” One of the most recognized marketing slogans in recent memory, “It’s Miller Time” can be found within many popular culture references. MillerCoors decided to bring back the slogan earlier this year.
• The Rest is History... In the spring race of this year, Keselowski scored the first NSCS victory for Penske Racing at Talladega Superspeedway. In 89 starts at Talladega, the organization has one win, one pole award and 12 top-five finishes.
Brad Keselowski on returning to the points lead following Dover
“Honestly, I had a great feeling about Dover all week. I know a lot people expected us to struggle, just by looking on paper at our average finish. That’s not always the best way to judge this Miller Lite Dodge team. I really don’t feel like we have any weaknesses on our team. In our two Chase wins we’ve won on pure speed and we won on fuel mileage. To me that’s covering all of your bases. Now we get to part of the schedule where I think our strengths will shine. I love racing at Talladega. We have a lot of confidence going back there as the winner of the spring race. There is still a lot of racing left to go in this Chase, but I like our position in the standings, for sure.”
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on this weekend’s race at Talladega Superspeedway
“I couldn’t be prouder of the guys on the Miller Lite Dodge for the work they’ve put in all year, but especially over the first three races in the Chase. We’ve taken tracks that were perceived weaknesses and shown that they are anything but that. Like Brad has said, there is a lot of racing left in this Chase, but we’re now getting to a part of the schedule where we feel like we can extend the points lead. It starts this weekend at Talladega. It’s obviously a great track for Brad. Penske Racing, as a group, has been very competitive on the restrictor-plate tracks this season. I think we’ve learned a few things since then that will make us even more competitive this weekend.”