• Briscoe has one start at Kansas Speedway, which was in 2005 while driving for Target Chip Ganassi Racing. The 26 year-old Australian started 11th and was placed 21st after a mechanical issue ended his day.
• Last weekend in Japan, Briscoe started fifteenth (qualifying was rained out and the grid was determined by Championship point standings) and was able to move up the field and finish ninth, marking his best finish this season.
• Earlier this season in St. Petersburg, Briscoe started fifth and led his first laps (11) behind the wheel of the #6 Team Penske Dallara/Honda before clipping the wall on lap 57 ending his day and placing him 23rd.
• While the 2008 IndyCar Series season marks Briscoe’s first year driving the No. 6 Team Penske Dallara/Honda; this is the second year the 26 year-old Australian has driven for Penske Racing. In 2007, Briscoe shared driving responsibilities with teammate Sascha Maassen for the No. 6 DHL Porsche RS Spyder in the American LeMans Series for Penske Racing, where he earned Rookie of the Year honors.
• The duo of Briscoe and Maassen earned three victories (St. Petersburg, Salt Lake City and Lime Rock); two poles (Belle Isle and Laguna Seca) and finished second in the Championship. Their teammates, Romain Dumas and Timo Bernhard, earned the Championship for Penske Racing behind the wheel of the No. 7 DHL Porsche RS Spyder.
• Last May, Briscoe drove the No. 12 Symantec Luczo Dragon Racing entry, with equipment that was leased from Penske Racing, in the 91st running of the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race where he earned a fifth-place finish after starting seventh.
• In the 22 IndyCar Series events Briscoe has driven to date, he’s earned one pole (Sonoma – 2005), two top-five finishes (Watkins Glen – 2006; and Indianapolis – 2007), seven top-ten finishes and started in the top-ten nine times.
Penske Racing at Kansas Speedway:
• In 2003, Penske Racing made its historic 1,000th open-wheel start at Kansas Speedway. The team made its open-wheel debut on June 15, 1968, when the late Mark Donohue made the first start for the Team at Mosport.
• In the six years Team Penske has been competing at Kansas Speedway, the Team has earned six top-five finishes in twelve starts. Former driver Sam Hornish Jr. won in 2006; Helio Castroneves finished second in 2003 and third in 2007 and 2002; former teammate Gil de Ferran finished third in 2003 and fifth in 2002.