Keselowski Finishes 12th in The DRIVE4COPD 300
February 24, 2013
The DRIVE4COPD 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) race at Daytona International Speedway (2.5-mile superspeedway, Daytona Beach, FL)
The No. 22 Discount Tire Ford Mustang
Driven By Brad Keselowski
Start Position 11
Finish Position 12
Current Owner Points Position 12
THE RACE REVIEW
· Keselowski began the race from the 11th position based on his lap of 51.043 seconds during the Friday afternoon qualifying session.
· The driver of the No. 22 Discount Tire Ford stayed patient for much of the race, focused on making sure his car was in the best condition for the end.
· Keselowski assumed the lead for the first time at lap 28, thanks to a push by his Penske Racing teammate Sam Hornish Jr.
· At lap 55, Keselowski dropped back several positions to the rear of the field to help Hornish, who lost the draft after nearly getting caught up in an accident.
· Following a fuel-only pit stop at lap 87, Keselowski again worked his way into the top-five after receiving a push from Trevor Bayne.
· Keselowski appeared to have put himself in position for a last-lap win before being caught up in a multi-car accident at the end of the event as he attempted a pass on Regan Smith for the victory.
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING
HOW DID YOU VIEW THE END OF THE RACE?
“We made a move to try and win the race. We were in the catbird seat. Regan (Smith) was in a good spot. He was first and I was second and we were pushing. I kind of had the run and the move to win the race and Regan obviously tried to block it and that’s understandable. He wants to win too and at the end it just caused chaos.” – Brad Keselowski
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE FINAL LAP?
“There was obviously a big wreck with a lot of debris and cars torn up. I really hope everyone in the grandstands is OK.