No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Preview - Homestead
November 13, 2012
• This weekend the No. 12 Penske Dodge will compete under the Alliance Truck Parts banner. Alliance Truck Parts is a brand of Daimler Trucks North America LLC, the largest heavy-duty truck manufacturer in North America. Find out more at alliancetruckparts.com or follow at @allianceparts on Twitter or www.facebook.com/alliancetruckparts on Facebook.
• This weekend will mark Hornish's 66th Nationwide Series start - he has scored one victory, one pole, 11 top-five and 27 top-10 finishes in series competition
• This will mark Hornish's fifth NASCAR Nationwide Series start at Miami-Homestead Speedway. He has three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts and seven IZOD IndyCar Series career starts at the venue, which include two poles (2002 & 2004) three IndyCar victories (2001, 2002 & 2004)
• After 32 races, Hornish and the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge team are ranked fourth in the NNS Championship point standings.
• This weekend the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger will race chassis PRS-231which Sam drove to a second-place finish at Indianapolis earlier this year
• Here's a fun fact - Sam says that his guilty pleasure is live music
• Penske Racing has 364 all-time race victories with 102 NASCAR wins and 423 pole positions overall, including 127 NASCAR poles.
• Follow Hornish at @PenskeRacing, @SamHornish, www.penskeracing.com, www.samhornish.com and on Facebook - www.facebook.com/penskeracing and www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Hornish-Jr
• #PenskePride - fans can Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo is named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend's Ford 300
"Homestead is a place that I always look forward to for a few reasons, the track is great and the racing is always a challenge. It is a place that has been good to me in the past - I've won a few races there in IndyCar. Our Alliance Truck Parts team is ready to put together a strong result this weekend. The area is really nice too, being close to the beach is always nice. It's getting towards winter back home so it is nice to be in the warm weather. This is has been an up-and-down year for us, but we have a shot to close out the season on a high note and hopefully we can get that done."
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend's Ford 300
"We all look forward to going to Homestead for a lot different reasons, but obviously the big one is that it's our last chance to win a race this season. We have made great strides on our intermediate track program here at Penske Racing so we feel like we have as good as chance as anyone this weekend. Our focus this weekend is just keeping our heads down and doing everything we can to get our Alliance Truck Parts Dodge into victory lane."