Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charlotte Preview
October 12, 2011
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Dollar General 300 Miles of Courage
Charlotte Motor Speedway
October 14, 2011
TV: ESPN2 at 7:30 PM ET Radio: PRN/Sirius 90 at 7:30 PM ET
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-211 during Friday’s Dollar General 300 Miles of Courage at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Keselowski drove this chassis to a victory at Chicagoland Speedway last month.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2011... After 30 events, Keselowski and the reigning NNS champion No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team are ranked sixth in the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings. The team is coming off a victory in the Kansas Lottery 300 last weekend at Kansas Speedway.
• Keselowski Climbing the Charts… By taking the checkered flag in last week’s Kansas Lottery 300 at Kansas Speedway, Keselowski entered into a tie for 15th place with Jeff Green and Joe Nemechek on the NNS all-time wins list with 16 victories. He sits four wins away from tying Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time list.
• Keselowski Speedway Stats… In 97 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated eight wins, 42 top-five finishes, 60 top-10 results and five pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 1,458 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
• Perfect Driver Rating… With his win last weekend, Keselowski scored a perfect driver rating of 150.0. The Penske Racing driver led 173 of 200 laps to secure his 16th career NNS victory. It was the fourth perfect driver rating for Keselowski during his NNS career.
• Follow Brad on Twitter… Fans can follow Keselowski on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/keselowski. Followers can get a glimpse inside his everyday life while keeping up-to-date on the latest Cup Series and Nationwide Series news for the Penske Racing driver.
• RubyTuesdayRacing.com… When Brad wins, you win. Visit www.rubytuesdayracing.com following any of his wins, either in the Cup Series or the Nationwide Series, to register for a delicious Ruby Tuesday hamburger of your choice, compliments of Ruby Tuesday and Brad.
Brad Keselowski on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway
“The Discount Tire Dodge Challengers have really been strong on the mile and a half tracks, especially over the last couple of months. To have a dominant car like we had at Kansas, even though they are two completely different intermediate tracks, gives me no reason to think we can’t have another strong run at Charlotte this weekend. Every driver wants to win at Charlotte and my win in this race last year is one of my proudest moments in racing. Charlotte usually has some very tough fields so you beat the best when you win a race there.”
Crew chief Todd Gordon on racing at Charlotte
“Charlotte is a very fast 1.5-mile track, probably one of the fastest places that we go. You need to get as much speed out of the car as possible without sacrificing the handling. Charlotte is very temperamental to changing track conditions. Most of our practice time is during the day, but we’ll race at night. That makes our final practice on Thursday very important as it is the closest we’ll be to race conditions. We like the intermediate package that we have developed over the course of the season. Hopefully it continues to perform like it has lately.”