No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger
WYPALL 200 Presented by Kimberly-Clark Professional
Phoenix International Raceway
November 13, 2010
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger News and Notes
• 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series Champion… Keselowski’s third-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) allowed him to wrap up the 2010 series championship with two races remaining. The title is the first NASCAR championship for the Rochester Hills, Mich. native, as well as the first for team owner Roger Penske.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger in 2010... After 34 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver point standings by 465 points over second-place driver Carl Edwards.
• This Week’s Charger… The No. 22 Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-035 during Saturday’s WYPALL 200 at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR). Keselowski last drove this chassis to victory at Gateway International Raceway in October.
• 100 And Counting... By taking the checkered flag in the last Nationwide Series race at TMS, Keselowski extended his NASCAR record with his 100th consecutive Nationwide Series race without a DNF (Did Not Finish).
• Series Leader… Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (24), top-10 finishes (27) and laps completed in 2010. He has completed all but one of the 6,089 laps contested this season. Keselowski has led the field for 1,147 of those circuits, marking the first time he has led more than 1,000 laps in a season in his career.
• Keselowski Short Track Stats… In 27 short-track starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated four wins, 12 top-five finishes, 16 top-10 finishes and two pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 651 laps at tracks one mile and under in length.
• “Home” Field Advantage… Keselowski’s sponsor, Discount Tire, is headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz. Employees of the corporation will make up a large contingent of Keselowski fans on Saturday afternoon.
Brad Keselowski on this weekend’s “home” race at Phoenix International Raceway
“We can’t do anything in this sport without our sponsors. Discount Tire came onboard late last year and were really the catalyst to building this No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team. Without them there would be no second Nationwide Series team here at Penske Racing. It’s very-rewarding to come to Phoenix, their backyard, as the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series champion. This is as much their championship as it is ours. Having locked the title up last weekend in Texas takes all of the pressure off and will allow us to sit back and enjoy the spoils of the season with the folks that made it happen.”
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on this weekend’s race at Phoenix International Raceway
“The biggest key to Phoenix is having the car set up for a long run. Long, green-flag runs are pretty typical for the Nationwide Series at Phoenix and you need to make sure that you car will turn throughout the run. You also need to keep your driver aware of how much brake he’s using. Even though Phoenix is a one-mile track, it still has short-track characteristics. You can wear out the brakes if you’re not careful. It’s a fun place to race, but it can be a challenge at the same time.”