Parker Kligerman NNS Homestead-Miami Speedway Preview
November 17, 2009
No. 22 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Charger
Homestead-Miami Speedway – Ford 300
November 21, 2009
Penske Truck Rental Team News and Notes of Interest
• Parker Kligerman, driver of the Penske Racing No. 22 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Charger, will make his second career NASCAR Nationwide Series start this weekend in the Ford 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
• On October 3, Kligerman had a memorable Nationwide Series debut behind the wheel of the No. 22 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Charger for Penske Racing at Kansas Speedway. Kligerman won the pole for the Kansas Lottery 300 and led the first seven laps of the race before finishing in 16th place.
• The 19-year-old Kligerman raced full-time in the ARCA RE/MAX Series this season as he served as a development driver for Penske Racing, in association with Cunningham Motorsports.
• Kligerman finished second in the 2009 ARCA RE/MAX Series championship, as he came up just five points shy of the series title. He won series Rookie-of-the-Year honors and led the circuit with nine victories as he posted 14 top-five and 18 top-10 finishes in 21 races.
• Saturday’s Ford 300 will mark Kligerman’s first time racing at the 1.5-mile Homestead-Miami Speedway oval.
• Kligerman, a Westport, Conn. native, is in his freshman year of college at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and is planning a course of study in Marketing.
Parker Kligerman on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway
”We’re definitely looking to improve on our performance this weekend from our first race in Kansas. I learned so much working with the Penske Truck Rental team in my first Nationwide Series race and I’m really looking forward to competing at Homestead-Miami Speedway. We did a good job in qualifying at Kansas, but I felt we could have had a better result in the race and we’ll try to improve on that on Saturday. I really want to finish the season with a positive result so we can build some momentum heading into next year.”
Crew Chief Chris Carrier on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway
“I thought Parker and the team did a great job at Kansas and we want to pick up where we left off this weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Winning the pole in the first race with Parker was a great thing for the team and we’d love to do that again, but we’re also going into this weekend focused on our race setup and trying to get a better overall result. We felt like we had a top-10 car at Kansas but we didn’t come out of there with that kind of finish (16th). We’re going to concentrate on long runs and making sure we’re where we want to be for the race so we get a good finish.
"The race will be run mostly at night and we don’t really have practice time at night, so it will be a challenge for everyone. We are all really looking forward to this weekend. Racing with Parker and this Penske Truck Rental team is always a lot of fun.”